Security tab missing

=?Utf-8?B?Tml0aW4=?=

      18th Nov 2004
Hi All,

I accidentally denied the permissions for everyone on file rshx32.dll when I
hardened the box. Now I am not getting the security tab despite having a NTFS
formatted disk. Please help as I cannot revert back the settings as there is
no security tab on the file.

Thanks
Nitin

Steven L Umbach

      18th Nov 2004
You should be able to use cacls or xcacls to restore permissions from the
command line. Use cacls /? to find more information on how to use it. The
link below may help. It is for xcacls but it should work the same for cacls
which is already on your computer. Note that if you do not use the /e
switch all previous permissions are replaced. --- Steve

CACLS rshx32.dll /G Administrators:F -- run this command in the
\winnt\system32 folder or use the full path to the file in the command to
grant administrators only full control to the file.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...