Security Settings Don't Allow Any Downloading after Installation

KSC1

      11th Jan 2005
Okay,

I have installed the Antispyware program and now, when I try to download my
bank's activity file, a security message comes up saying my current security
settings will not allow the download.

The same message arose when I tried to dl the latest version of JAVA, and it
continues to pop up for every single download I can imagine.

I reset all the Internet Security to their defaults and still nothing. I
uninstalled the Antispyware program, and there was still no solution.

What could be the problem?

* E-mail is generic due to public posting.

Ron Chamberlin

      12th Jan 2005
Hi KSC1,
It sounds as if your IE security settings were tweaked up somehow. You
could try to add your bank as a trusted site in IE, and see if that may
clear the problem.

When you attempt a download, is there a slight yellow bar appearing under
the toolbar? This advises you about snagging unsafe content etc, but you can
allow the download if it's from a trusted source.

Ron Chamberlin
MS-MVP

news:eM8S9hB%(E-Mail Removed)...