Security rollup for service pack

Keith D

      18th Aug 2005
Hi there,

After a recent windows update on Windows 2000 clients we are having numerous
problems. These range from no longer being able to save to floppy to blue
screens at boot up.

I know this problems is caused by the rollup update, BUT
does anyone know how to recover the system after the blue screen WITHOUT
needing a reinstall?

The error messages are

0x0000007B
0x81877030
0xC0000032
0x00000000
0x00000000

Thanks for your help

Keith D

=?Utf-8?B?RG9uIEc=?=

      18th Aug 2005
Hi,

I'm having the "blue screen" problem after installing this rollup. Here's my
error message:

0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0xEB5B82CB, 0x00000001, 0x00000004)
K_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I tried the fix recommended by MS at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=891861 - replacing the scsiport.sys file -
didn't work. I also tried removing the update using "Add/Remove Programs" --
no luck there either. For two days I've only been able to boot in secure mode
and my cd drive will now only read, not write, so I can't backup enough data
to reformat. I hope MS makes this hotfix available soon!

Has anyone had any luck fixing this? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Don G

"Keith D" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> After a recent windows update on Windows 2000 clients we are having numerous
> problems. These range from no longer being able to save to floppy to blue
> screens at boot up.
>
> I know this problems is caused by the rollup update, BUT
> does anyone know how to recover the system after the blue screen WITHOUT
> needing a reinstall?
>
> The error messages are
>
> 0x0000007B
> 0x81877030
> 0xC0000032
> 0x00000000
> 0x00000000
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Keith D

Keith D

      18th Aug 2005
Hi Don G,

At least yours boots up, I cant get this one too boot in any mode

Keith D

news:(E-Mail Removed)...