Secure file deleter

      30th Oct 2003
What do people in this NG use?
I am presently using BCWipe (an older version) which was freeware from
Jetico.
Any updated and better options, especially for XP?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

      30th Oct 2003
"" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
<news:3fa07ff5$0$107$(E-Mail Removed)>:

> What do people in this NG use?
> I am presently using BCWipe (an older version) which was freeware
> from Jetico.
> Any updated and better options, especially for XP?

I remember BCWipe. It was the best option for quite a while.

Now I really like Eraser, as do a lot of others here. It works fine
with XP.

<http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/>

"KEEP BIG BROTHER'S HANDS OFF THE INTERNET"
By Senator John Ashcroft
<http://usinfo.state.gov/journals/itgic/1097/ijge/gj-7.htm>

Susan Bugher

      30th Oct 2003
wrote:

> What do people in this NG use?
> I am presently using BCWipe (an older version) which was freeware from
> Jetico.
> Any updated and better options, especially for XP?

Many people use Pricelessware picks . . .

in this case . . .

http://www.pricelessware.org/2003/PL...URITY.htm#E122

Eraser (donationware) OS: Win9x/NT4.0/ME/2000/XP

Susan

dszady

      30th Oct 2003
"" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:3fa07ff5$0$107$(E-Mail Removed):

> What do people in this NG use?
> I am presently using BCWipe (an older version) which was freeware from
> Jetico.
> Any updated and better options, especially for XP?

Eraser v5.7 (Donationware)
http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/
2.8meg

--

I cannot see my X-Face
because I have it kill-filed.

Bebop & Rocksteady

      30th Oct 2003

> What do people in this NG use?
> I am presently using BCWipe (an older version) which was freeware from
> Jetico.
> Any updated and better options, especially for XP?

I don't have anything that important on my system.... That it must never be
found again.... (including client files)

however check out pricelessware

http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

J44xm

      30th Oct 2003
[""; Thu, 30 Oct 2003 03:05:24 GMT]

> What do people in this NG use?

I use PGP 8.0.3 in Windows XP. It's free and is among the best, if NOT the
best.
--
J44xm

Giuseppe

      30th Oct 2003
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
3fa07ff5$0$107$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What do people in this NG use?
> I am presently using BCWipe (an older version) which was freeware from
> Jetico.
> Any updated and better options, especially for XP?

I use TritaFile

It's freeware!

Download from www.tritafile.com

Randy Bard

      30th Oct 2003
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:44:53 GMT, "Giuseppe"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>3fa07ff5$0$107$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What do people in this NG use?
>> I am presently using BCWipe (an older version) which was freeware from
>> Jetico.
>> Any updated and better options, especially for XP?
>>

>I use TritaFile
>
>It's freeware!
>
>Download from www.tritafile.com

I see it is only 980kb and works on all Windows platforms. Very
attractive web site too.

Ron & Ree

      30th Oct 2003
wrote:
> What do people in this NG use?
> I am presently using BCWipe (an older version) which was freeware from
> Jetico.
> Any updated and better options, especially for XP?

A strong magnet and a sledge hammer.

--
Ron & Ree Williams - http://www.ronree.com/
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." - Britney Spears

Blinky the Shark

      30th Oct 2003
Giuseppe wrote:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> 3fa07ff5$0$107$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What do people in this NG use?
>> I am presently using BCWipe (an older version) which was freeware from
>> Jetico.
>> Any updated and better options, especially for XP?

> I use TritaFile

Fair Disclosure: He also wrote it.

--
Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux RU 297263
Microsoft, 23 Oct: "As a result of challenges to our business model,