Search Utility

Breck Fontaine

      30th Jul 2006
Hello,

Is there a program that can run a search of files and folders
(also hidden) by a date rather than the default name of a file. Any
help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

krazycarnie

      30th Jul 2006
Well, if you are running XP the built-in search will let you specify a
date range.
Select All Files and folders, then select Specify dates, enter your
date range, go for a coffee and you are good to go.

David

Breck Fontaine wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a program that can run a search of files and folders
> (also hidden) by a date rather than the default name of a file. Any
> help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you!

aafuss

      30th Jul 2006
Babya bFind in Babya System '06:
http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?27500000037707

FTR

      30th Jul 2006
Try Superfinder at http://fsl.sytes.net/ or Copernic Desktop Search at
www.copernic.com

Breck Fontaine wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a program that can run a search of files and folders
> (also hidden) by a date rather than the default name of a file. Any
> help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you!

Art

      30th Jul 2006
On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 12:17:06 +0200, FTR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Try Superfinder at http://fsl.sytes.net/ or Copernic Desktop Search at
>www.copernic.com
>
>Breck Fontaine wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a program that can run a search of files and folders
>> (also hidden) by a date rather than the default name of a file. Any
>> help would be appreciated.

The RECENT-F program I have at my web site has an option to search
by a specified date. Anyone who likes small stand-alone programs with
very powerful search capanilities should take a look at Charles Dye's
classic LOCATE.COM (for use on the command line):

http://www.highfiber.com/~raster/freeware.htm

You can specify upper and lower bounds in a date/time search with
Charle's utility.

Art
http://home.epix.net/~artnpeg

Stubbo_of_Oz

      31st Jul 2006
On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 00:44:56 -0400, Breck Fontaine
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello,
>
> Is there a program that can run a search of files and folders
>(also hidden) by a date rather than the default name of a file. Any
>help would be appreciated.

Agent Ransack from:-

http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransa...?page=download

It has a wide range of search criteria including date and I find it
easier to use than the built in XP search.

--
Stubbo of Oz

Slarty

      31st Jul 2006
On 31 Jul 2006 01:14:25 +0200, Stubbo_of_Oz wrote:

> Agent Ransack from:-
>
> http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransa...?page=download
>
> It has a wide range of search criteria including date and I find it
> easier to use than the built in XP search.

I'd second that.

I used that for years, liked it so much, that i went for the paid version.
Can't be beaten IMO.

Oh dear, I've mention paid for software in the hallowd and sacred precincts
of a.c.f the net police will be after me - I'm off! :-)

Cheers,

Roy

Bill Day

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello,
>
> Is there a program that can run a search of files and folders
>(also hidden) by a date rather than the default name of a file. Any
>help would be appreciated.
>
>Thank you!

There is also FileInvader at http://www.saintlysoft.com/ with some
added features.

"FileInvader is a fast file searching utility with integrated
previewing of many popular formats including JPG,BMP,GIF,PNG,TXT,MP3
tags and much more! Now includes previewing of ZIP and RAR formats.
Unknown formats can also be viewed in hexadecimal!"

I'm sure I got it from this group a year or so ago.