Search Features in IE 6.0

Tony

      5th Jan 2004
It seems that a program has infected my search feature in
IE 6.0. I can not customize my search bar, and a simple
search from MSN, Google, or Yahoo's Web Page defaults to
Searchcentrix or Interenet Optimizer. I can't seem to
find the culprit program when I view my list from "Add &
Remove Programs."

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE

      5th Jan 2004
news:021f01c3d3b5$0c5f0140$(E-Mail Removed)
> It seems that a program has infected my search feature in
> IE 6.0. I can not customize my search bar, and a simple
> search from MSN, Google, or Yahoo's Web Page defaults to
> Searchcentrix or Interenet Optimizer. I can't seem to
> find the culprit program when I view my list from "Add &
> Remove Programs."

First eliminate any scumware.
See
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Note that AdAware and SpyBot S & D will each catch some things the other
won't. Also, each need to be updated before every use, even when just
downloaded.

If trying everything at that site does not fix the problem please post back
in the same thread.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com