Screwed up - Missing Default Domain controller policy

Perry

      26th Dec 2005
Hi There,

Is there a way to re-create the default domain policy and the default
domainconroller policy's?
When i try to open then through administrative tools, i get the file not
found error... That could be right because i miss the files : GPT00001.DOM
and GPT00001.inf..
I recently discoverd that the sysvol directory was missing.I re-created the
structure like ms says..
I have deleted the default domaincontrollers policy, the one that wasnt
found anymore.. And created a new Default Domaincontroller Policy ..
The same for Default domain security policy , i deleted him and recreated it
withing AD Users and Computers.
But when i try to open it throught the mmc it says it cannot found it..
I can see local group policy on the server . I can manage group policy
through active directory users and computers...

Any ideas would be great... and if someone can tell me how the sysvol dir
can dissapear?

THx
perr

Jerold Schulman

      26th Dec 2005
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 11:30:17 +0100, "Perry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi There,
>
>Is there a way to re-create the default domain policy and the default
>domainconroller policy's?
>When i try to open then through administrative tools, i get the file not
>found error... That could be right because i miss the files : GPT00001.DOM
>and GPT00001.inf..
>I recently discoverd that the sysvol directory was missing.I re-created the
>structure like ms says..
>I have deleted the default domaincontrollers policy, the one that wasnt
>found anymore.. And created a new Default Domaincontroller Policy ..
>The same for Default domain security policy , i deleted him and recreated it
>withing AD Users and Computers.
>But when i try to open it throught the mmc it says it cannot found it..
>I can see local group policy on the server . I can manage group policy
>through active directory users and computers...
>
>Any ideas would be great... and if someone can tell me how the sysvol dir
>can dissapear?
>
>THx
>perr

See tip 8061 The Windows 2000 Default Policy Restore Tool.
in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com
http://www.jsifaq.com

Perry

      26th Dec 2005
Thx that worked.
But i was wondering , I still cannot find any *.dom file .. Isnt that one
neccesary?
I can open everything now so thanks alot.

Perry
"Jerold Schulman" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 11:30:17 +0100, "Perry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Hi There,
>>
>>Is there a way to re-create the default domain policy and the default
>>domainconroller policy's?
>>When i try to open then through administrative tools, i get the file not
>>found error... That could be right because i miss the files : GPT00001.DOM
>>and GPT00001.inf..
>>I recently discoverd that the sysvol directory was missing.I re-created
>>the
>>structure like ms says..
>>I have deleted the default domaincontrollers policy, the one that wasnt
>>found anymore.. And created a new Default Domaincontroller Policy ..
>>The same for Default domain security policy , i deleted him and recreated
>>it
>>withing AD Users and Computers.
>>But when i try to open it throught the mmc it says it cannot found it..
>>I can see local group policy on the server . I can manage group policy
>>through active directory users and computers...
>>
>>Any ideas would be great... and if someone can tell me how the sysvol dir
>>can dissapear?
>>
>>THx
>>perr
>>

> See tip 8061 The Windows 2000 Default Policy Restore Tool.
> in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com
>
> Jerold Schulman
> Windows Server MVP
> JSI, Inc.
> http://www.jsiinc.com
> http://www.jsifaq.com

Jerold Schulman

      27th Dec 2005

I don't know, apparently NOT.

I have 2:
C:\WINDOWS\security\templates\policies\gpt00001.dom
C:\WINDOWS\security\templates\policies\planning\gpt00000.dom

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 18:40:23 +0100, "Perry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thx that worked.
>But i was wondering , I still cannot find any *.dom file .. Isnt that one
>neccesary?
>I can open everything now so thanks alot.
>
>Perry
>"Jerold Schulman" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 11:30:17 +0100, "Perry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi There,
>>>
>>>Is there a way to re-create the default domain policy and the default
>>>domainconroller policy's?
>>>When i try to open then through administrative tools, i get the file not
>>>found error... That could be right because i miss the files : GPT00001.DOM
>>>and GPT00001.inf..
>>>I recently discoverd that the sysvol directory was missing.I re-created
>>>the
>>>structure like ms says..
>>>I have deleted the default domaincontrollers policy, the one that wasnt
>>>found anymore.. And created a new Default Domaincontroller Policy ..
>>>The same for Default domain security policy , i deleted him and recreated
>>>it
>>>withing AD Users and Computers.
>>>But when i try to open it throught the mmc it says it cannot found it..
>>>I can see local group policy on the server . I can manage group policy
>>>through active directory users and computers...
>>>
>>>Any ideas would be great... and if someone can tell me how the sysvol dir
>>>can dissapear?
>>>
>>>THx
>>>perr
>>>

>> See tip 8061 The Windows 2000 Default Policy Restore Tool.
>> in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com
>>
>> Jerold Schulman
>> Windows Server MVP
>> JSI, Inc.