schema master fried

Chupa

      20th Dec 2005
My schema master is dead (it was w2k srvr) -
lightning striked into the building and fried all
data on the disk including mobo and all cards
instaled, luckily my backup dc is still alive and
has all user accounts.. tnx god..

Now how do i make my what is currently BDC (i know
this is not correct term but i used to it) to be
my new schema master if old schema master cannot
be contacted any more?

My BDC is w2k3 srver?

Any good ideas?

Plase try to help if You can!

Tenx.

Danny Sanders

      21st Dec 2005
You would seize the role.
See:
Using Ntdsutil.exe to seize or transfer FSMO roles to a domain controller

hth

DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Chupa" <chupa{makniovoixnakraju}@elgreco.fsb.h{x> wrote in message
news:do9u32$ov$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My schema master is dead (it was w2k srvr) - lightning striked into the
> building and fried all data on the disk including mobo and all cards
> instaled, luckily my backup dc is still alive and has all user accounts..
> tnx god..
>
> Now how do i make my what is currently BDC (i know this is not correct
> term but i used to it) to be my new schema master if old schema master
> cannot be contacted any more?
>
> My BDC is w2k3 srver?
>
> Any good ideas?
>
> Plase try to help if You can!
>
> Tenx.

Chupa

      21st Dec 2005
Danny Sanders wrote:
> You would seize the role.

I did, it all went ok.

> Using Ntdsutil.exe to seize or transfer FSMO
> roles to a domain
> controller

great tool. Thanx for help!