Scatter Graph - bring line to front

KateB

      25th Mar 2009
Is is possible to change the order of the lines shown on a scatter
graph? It seems that they are drawn from the first series to the last
- is there any way to move them around in this list / bring the line
to the front? I have some very long series and some code would be
most helpful.

Thanks!
Kate

ryguy7272

      25th Mar 2009
These two resources are pretty comprehensive:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html

http://www.andypope.info/charts.htm

Good luck!
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"KateB" wrote:

> Is is possible to change the order of the lines shown on a scatter
> graph? It seems that they are drawn from the first series to the last
> - is there any way to move them around in this list / bring the line
> to the front? I have some very long series and some code would be
> most helpful.
>
> Thanks!
> Kate

Andy Pope

      25th Mar 2009
Hi,

If the series are all of the same chart type and on the same axis then you
can alter the series order.
Double click as series and goto the Series order tab.

For more detail on order see Jon's blog
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/ord...-excel-charts/

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"KateB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is is possible to change the order of the lines shown on a scatter
> graph? It seems that they are drawn from the first series to the last
> - is there any way to move them around in this list / bring the line
> to the front? I have some very long series and some code would be
> most helpful.
>
> Thanks!
> Kate

New Member

      7th Nov 2012
If you have a large scatter plot in which some of the data is covering other series lines, you can try this:
  • leave large scatter data series on primary vertical axis
  • move all other series to secondary vertical axis
  • set the secondary vertical axis limits to be exactly the same as the primary vertical axis
  • set the color of the font for the secondary vertical the same as the background...(thus it disappears).
This forces Excel to plot the the items on the secondary axis last, and thus on top. I got this to work with my plots in Excel 2010.