scanjet suddenly not working

Pauline

      12th Sep 2004
I have Windows XP, and my HP Scanjet 4100c has been
working perfectly with the Scanner & Camera Wizard.
However now it has ceased to work... I just get a
message 'the computer cannot detect the scanner or
camera' then tells me to go to the control panel and
open 'scanners & cameras' to add the device. But the
installation wizard only gives me the option of 3 HP
cameras.... no scanners. I suspect that this problem
started after I downloaded the latest critical security
download (3 hours) from Microsoft...... has anyone else
experienced a similar problem? And how can I fix it?
Thank you for your help in anticipation.
Pauline

Nathan McNulty

      12th Sep 2004
I am going to make a bet that Windows XP Service Pack 2 just found its
way onto your computer. You may want to try reinstalling your chipset
(motherboard) drivers. If you don't know what motherboard you have, use
Everest Home from www.lavalys.com to find out. It should also provide
you a link to the latest drivers.

----
Nathan McNulty