scan document to WORD in order to edit

=?Utf-8?B?ZGVzcGVyYXRl?=

      16th Dec 2006
need to scan document to WORD and edit the document---I have scanned the
document--but it will not allow me to edit or send documet to WORD. The
scanned document goes to a TIFF file and will not allow me to change. Thank
you for your input.

Richard in AZ

      17th Dec 2006
You need an OCS program (Optical Character Scan). If your scanner did not come with one, you will
have to buy one.
Now why don't you provide some information on your scanner.
What make and model?
What software came with it?
Have you looked at the scanning options for a document format?
Have you read the HELP sections in this software?

"desperate" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> need to scan document to WORD and edit the document---I have scanned the
> document--but it will not allow me to edit or send documet to WORD. The
> scanned document goes to a TIFF file and will not allow me to change. Thank
> you for your input.

=?Utf-8?B?ZGVzcGVyYXRl?=

      17th Dec 2006
about my scanner--all in one epson stylus cx3810. I have read everything I
can think of and find. The scanner is scanning the document--I just can not
send it to a program I can edit the document. Thanks for your
help........DESPERATE AGAIN

"desperate" wrote:

> need to scan document to WORD and edit the document---I have scanned the
> document--but it will not allow me to edit or send documet to WORD. The
> scanned document goes to a TIFF file and will not allow me to change. Thank
> you for your input.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      17th Dec 2006
Most scanners come with some sort of OCR application; you need to find out
how to scan as text rather than as a picture.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"desperate" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> about my scanner--all in one epson stylus cx3810. I have read everything I
> can think of and find. The scanner is scanning the document--I just can

not
> send it to a program I can edit the document. Thanks for your
> help........DESPERATE AGAIN
>
> "desperate" wrote:
>
> > need to scan document to WORD and edit the document---I have scanned the
> > document--but it will not allow me to edit or send documet to WORD. The
> > scanned document goes to a TIFF file and will not allow me to change.

Thank
> > you for your input.

Richard in AZ

      17th Dec 2006

"desperate" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> about my scanner--all in one epson stylus cx3810. I have read everything I
> can think of and find. The scanner is scanning the document--I just can not
> send it to a program I can edit the document. Thanks for your
> help........DESPERATE AGAIN
>
> "desperate" wrote:
>
>> need to scan document to WORD and edit the document---I have scanned the
>> document--but it will not allow me to edit or send documet to WORD. The
>> scanned document goes to a TIFF file and will not allow me to change. Thank
>> you for your input.

Per the manual (pdf file viewed on the web) when you go to save a scan, you have a "file type"
windows and an "Options" button. Have you checked those for a "text, rtf, or other word processor"
type file?

Even if you find an OCR option, don't expect it to be a great one. Included software is seldom the
top contender.
Do a google search for OCR software. OmniPage is the best, but expensive. But some of the
shareware or Freeware may be just what you want.

Graham Mayor

      17th Dec 2006
Office (the more recent versions) come with a rudimentary OCR package called
Microsoft Document Imaging. Check Office Tools. This may suffice. Otherwise
you will need OCR software. The best I have tried by a long way is
Finereader, but it isn't cheap!

--
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com