It says the installation completed but in fact not! (Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Setup MSI Wrapper)

=?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWVu?=

      19th May 2004
Hi

I am trying now to install IE v6 SP1 through System Policy using the "Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Setup MSI Wrapper" (Ie6sp1gp.msi)
I created a new GPO that applies only to my test computer. So when this test computer starts up, it first check GPO and starts installing the IE v6 SP1 (this is at least what is displayed on the screen just before the login window comes up!)
After that I can login and when I take a look at the Event Viewer, it says the IE v6 SP1 installed properly
But in reality it is not
To verify that I can open the IE and it says: IE v5.0

I thought that normally after a certain amount of time (that is after the setup finished), the computer had to be restarted but it is not
That's why I tried to restart it manually and relog on to the machine to see if something happened but nothing

Would someone know what could be the reason for that problem
Any help would be very appreciated
Julien.

Anthony Yates

      8th Jun 2004
It sounds like the IE6 wrapper msi installed, but did not trigger the
ie6setup.exe
Are you running the msi from an IE6SP1 distribution directory, with IE6 set
up with the IEAK?
Regards,
Anthony

news:(E-Mail Removed)...