PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

saving project to CD

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?Y2NudXNo?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      21st Oct 2005
Help!!! I cannot save my project to CD...it goes thru the burning stages and
at the end says:
Cannot Complete the Save Movie Wizard
An unknown error occured when saving the movie to CD
You may try again using a new Cd

Have done this twice, and wasted 2 CDs since my drive only takes CD-R
I know the CD are fine and have not yet been able to transfer to CD yet
with this program.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?YmxhemVtYW4=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      21st Oct 2005
I have a similar issue. It works if I save to a CD, but not to a DVD !!! I
can burn data or music to CDs or DVDs from other programmes.

"ccnush" wrote:

> Help!!! I cannot save my project to CD...it goes thru the burning stages and
> at the end says:
> Cannot Complete the Save Movie Wizard
> An unknown error occured when saving the movie to CD
> You may try again using a new Cd
>
> Have done this twice, and wasted 2 CDs since my drive only takes CD-R
> I know the CD are fine and have not yet been able to transfer to CD yet
> with this program.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?Y2NudXNo?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      21st Oct 2005
The windows media maker does not support DVD's...you need a third party
software that makes DVD's for that. I can't even burn my project to a
regular Cd!!!

"blazeman" wrote:

> I have a similar issue. It works if I save to a CD, but not to a DVD !!! I
> can burn data or music to CDs or DVDs from other programmes.
>
> "ccnush" wrote:
>
> > Help!!! I cannot save my project to CD...it goes thru the burning stages and
> > at the end says:
> > Cannot Complete the Save Movie Wizard
> > An unknown error occured when saving the movie to CD
> > You may try again using a new Cd
> >
> > Have done this twice, and wasted 2 CDs since my drive only takes CD-R
> > I know the CD are fine and have not yet been able to transfer to CD yet
> > with this program.

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      21st Oct 2005
What you are doing and what you are saying appear to be 2 different things.
You obviously know the need for third party software to author a DVD. But why
are you trying to save the PROJECT on a CD? Or are you really trying to save
MOVIE to CD? Your first post mentioned the Save Movie Wizard, but the second
post you said Save Project. These are 2 different things.

If you are trying to get the movie on CD and its small enough to fit, save
it to the hard drive then burn the data file with cd burning software.

Steve


"ccnush" wrote:

> The windows media maker does not support DVD's...you need a third party
> software that makes DVD's for that. I can't even burn my project to a
> regular Cd!!!
>
> "blazeman" wrote:
>
> > I have a similar issue. It works if I save to a CD, but not to a DVD !!! I
> > can burn data or music to CDs or DVDs from other programmes.
> >
> > "ccnush" wrote:
> >
> > > Help!!! I cannot save my project to CD...it goes thru the burning stages and
> > > at the end says:
> > > Cannot Complete the Save Movie Wizard
> > > An unknown error occured when saving the movie to CD
> > > You may try again using a new Cd
> > >
> > > Have done this twice, and wasted 2 CDs since my drive only takes CD-R
> > > I know the CD are fine and have not yet been able to transfer to CD yet
> > > with this program.

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?Y2NudXNo?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      21st Oct 2005
I don't think you read my posts correctly...I am trying to save my movie
project on a CD and it will not work. I can save it on my hard drive but
cannot burn it to a CD thru WMM. When you burn thru WMM you use the wizard
and that is the error message it gives me. Yes, I can burn thru other
software but should be able to burn using this too!!

"ccnush" wrote:

> Help!!! I cannot save my project to CD...it goes thru the burning stages and
> at the end says:
> Cannot Complete the Save Movie Wizard
> An unknown error occured when saving the movie to CD
> You may try again using a new Cd
>
> Have done this twice, and wasted 2 CDs since my drive only takes CD-R
> I know the CD are fine and have not yet been able to transfer to CD yet
> with this program.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Wojo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      22nd Oct 2005
I agree with Steve. The issue of not being able to use the save movie wizard
to save to a CD has come up many many times and the fact is that it isn't
that much harder to save it to your hard drive and then burn it to the CD.
You don't even need the CD burning software Steve suggests. Windows Explorer
will do the trick just by dragging it to the CD burner drive designation,
select that drive, click "burn these files to CD" and your done.
-Wojo

"ccnush" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The windows media maker does not support DVD's...you need a third party
> software that makes DVD's for that. I can't even burn my project to a
> regular Cd!!!
>
> "blazeman" wrote:
>
>> I have a similar issue. It works if I save to a CD, but not to a DVD !!!
>> I
>> can burn data or music to CDs or DVDs from other programmes.
>>
>> "ccnush" wrote:
>>
>> > Help!!! I cannot save my project to CD...it goes thru the burning
>> > stages and
>> > at the end says:
>> > Cannot Complete the Save Movie Wizard
>> > An unknown error occured when saving the movie to CD
>> > You may try again using a new Cd
>> >
>> > Have done this twice, and wasted 2 CDs since my drive only takes CD-R
>> > I know the CD are fine and have not yet been able to transfer to CD
>> > yet
>> > with this program.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Wojo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      22nd Oct 2005
Blazeman
If you are trying to use the "Save to CD" option with a DVD in the drive
that will not work.
If you have the "Save to DVD" option on your version of WMM then it should
be working but that option only creates a very simple DVD without menus and
chapter points etc...
To do anything worthwhile as a DVD you do need a DVD Authoring program such
as one of those listed in the "DVD Programs" section of my website.
--
Wojo's Place:
http://wojos-web.tk
Also Please visit.....
http://www.remember-christopher.dost...m/christopher/
Dedicated in loving memory of our son Christopher Lee

"blazeman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a similar issue. It works if I save to a CD, but not to a DVD !!!
>I
> can burn data or music to CDs or DVDs from other programmes.
>
> "ccnush" wrote:
>
>> Help!!! I cannot save my project to CD...it goes thru the burning stages
>> and
>> at the end says:
>> Cannot Complete the Save Movie Wizard
>> An unknown error occured when saving the movie to CD
>> You may try again using a new Cd
>>
>> Have done this twice, and wasted 2 CDs since my drive only takes CD-R
>> I know the CD are fine and have not yet been able to transfer to CD yet
>> with this program.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Wojo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      22nd Oct 2005
He understood the post exactly the way you wrote it.
I understand what you are meaning to say but what you are saying is that you
are trying to save the "Project files" to a CD which of course you can't do
through WMM and I can't imagine why you would want to.
-Wojo

"ccnush" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I don't think you read my posts correctly...I am trying to save my movie
> project on a CD and it will not work. I can save it on my hard drive but
> cannot burn it to a CD thru WMM. When you burn thru WMM you use the
> wizard
> and that is the error message it gives me. Yes, I can burn thru other
> software but should be able to burn using this too!!
>
> "ccnush" wrote:
>
>> Help!!! I cannot save my project to CD...it goes thru the burning stages
>> and
>> at the end says:
>> Cannot Complete the Save Movie Wizard
>> An unknown error occured when saving the movie to CD
>> You may try again using a new Cd
>>
>> Have done this twice, and wasted 2 CDs since my drive only takes CD-R
>> I know the CD are fine and have not yet been able to transfer to CD yet
>> with this program.



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?Y2NudXNo?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      22nd Oct 2005
yes i said I was saving a project, not project files, and again I am asking
for help in burning a CD from WMM, but thank you for the advice as to burning
from my hard disk.
"ccnush" wrote:

> Help!!! I cannot save my project to CD...it goes thru the burning stages and
> at the end says:
> Cannot Complete the Save Movie Wizard
> An unknown error occured when saving the movie to CD
> You may try again using a new Cd
>
> Have done this twice, and wasted 2 CDs since my drive only takes CD-R
> I know the CD are fine and have not yet been able to transfer to CD yet
> with this program.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Awelch
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      22nd Oct 2005
Saving a project means saving the files <clips> that make up your
project. But saving a movie saves your piece as a single file.

ccnush wrote:

> yes i said I was saving a project, not project files, and again I am asking
> for help in burning a CD from WMM, but thank you for the advice as to burning
> from my hard disk.
> "ccnush" wrote:
>
>
>>Help!!! I cannot save my project to CD...it goes thru the burning stages and
>>at the end says:
>>Cannot Complete the Save Movie Wizard
>>An unknown error occured when saving the movie to CD
>>You may try again using a new Cd
>>
>>Have done this twice, and wasted 2 CDs since my drive only takes CD-R
>>I know the CD are fine and have not yet been able to transfer to CD yet
>>with this program.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project-->Project References Large Project DonJefe Microsoft C# .NET 3 25th Jan 2007 09:23 PM
Open an Existing Project (Remove a project from the project list) =?Utf-8?B?ZHJvb3Bl?= Microsoft Dot NET 1 19th Jan 2005 08:36 AM
MS Project 2000 Upgrade does not find MS Project 98 Install Gary Sch Windows XP General 0 7th Aug 2004 07:26 AM
Accesing vba project from wb that has vba project password protected cassidyr1 Microsoft Excel Programming 2 3rd Jul 2004 01:49 PM
Create a project from a project?? Linda Windows XP Video 3 25th Oct 2003 05:57 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:46 PM.