Saving folders and rules in upgrade of Outlook 2002 to 2007

timetc1

      13th Sep 2008
Hello --

Does anyone know a fairly painless way to save all email personal folders
and related rules (including all email addresses within each rule) when
upgrading from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2007? Does this happen automatically
when upgrading (I doubt it)? What's the basic process?

I'm considering upgrading to 2007, but I have extensive rules set up in 2002
(with numerous folders) and it would take me a significant amount of time to
recreate this from scratch.

I do have a backup of the rules, but I recall that the backup doesn't save
email addresses (and possibly other data), only the basic structure of the
rule itself.

Thanks!

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      13th Sep 2008
Exporting the rules is the only way. E mail addresses should be
saved -folders may not be since they are linked to the pst path.

for personal folders copy the pst to the new computer then move the mail in
the pst to a new pst created by outlook 2007.
See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ansi-to-unicode.asp and
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.asp

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]