Saving Computer "Set-up" to CD-Rs

M. Gordon Marquardt

      5th Oct 2004
Does my C drive have to be partitioned before I can back-up
my whole set-up. What are the advantages or disadvantages
of having drives D, E, & F. Please give me the "for
dummies" answer.

Thorsten Matzner

      5th Oct 2004
"M. Gordon Marquardt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does my C drive have to be partitioned before I can back-up
>my whole set-up. What are the advantages or disadvantages
>of having drives D, E, & F. Please give me the "for
>dummies" answer.

No. The advantage for to use different partitions is somewhat enhanced
data safety, beacuse data corruption usually does not extend over
partition boundaries. Also, partitions can be helpful to organize your
data better.

--
(tm)