How to save ppt with linked images as a ppt with embedded images

=?Utf-8?B?amR3aW54?=

      10th Oct 2007
I have a ppt with hundreds of linked images. I did not realize that the image
linking used an absolute address as opposed to a relative address (why they
did this I have not figured out yet). The problem is that when I send the ppt
and the linked images to a co-worker, he can't see the images because the
path where they are saved is different. I have them all on a D: drive and he
doesn't have a D: drive and it is a little much to ask him to partition his
drive and create the EXACT same directory structure I have just to view the
linked images. If Microsoft would have only made the linking relative to the
ppt, all this could have been avoided.

So my question is, is there a way to save the ppt where all the linked
images are pulled in as embedded images?

Thanks,
Joe

=?Utf-8?B?YW5lYXNpZXJ0b21vcnJvdw==?=

      11th Oct 2007
Hi Joe

Have a read of this for background info:
Sounds/Movies don't play, images disappear or links break when I move or
email a presentation
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00155.htm

There is a link in the article to the free demo of FixLinks which should
solve the problem for you.

Lucy
--
MOS Master Instructor
www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au

PowerPoint Live 2007 28-31 October in New Orleans www.pptlive.com
See you there

"jdwinx" wrote:

> I have a ppt with hundreds of linked images. I did not realize that the image
> linking used an absolute address as opposed to a relative address (why they
> did this I have not figured out yet). The problem is that when I send the ppt
> and the linked images to a co-worker, he can't see the images because the
> path where they are saved is different. I have them all on a D: drive and he
> doesn't have a D: drive and it is a little much to ask him to partition his
> drive and create the EXACT same directory structure I have just to view the
> linked images. If Microsoft would have only made the linking relative to the
> ppt, all this could have been avoided.
>
> So my question is, is there a way to save the ppt where all the linked
> images are pulled in as embedded images?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

=?Utf-8?B?YW5lYXNpZXJ0b21vcnJvdw==?=

      11th Oct 2007
Hi Joe

Have a read of this:
Sounds/Movies don't play, images disappear or links break when I move or
email a presentation
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00155.htm

Within it you will find a link to the free demo of FixLinks which I think
will solve your problem.

Lucy

PS Sorry if this is a repeat post - my internet connection is playing up.
Again.
--

"jdwinx" wrote:

> I have a ppt with hundreds of linked images. I did not realize that the image
> linking used an absolute address as opposed to a relative address (why they
> did this I have not figured out yet). The problem is that when I send the ppt
> and the linked images to a co-worker, he can't see the images because the
> path where they are saved is different. I have them all on a D: drive and he
> doesn't have a D: drive and it is a little much to ask him to partition his
> drive and create the EXACT same directory structure I have just to view the
> linked images. If Microsoft would have only made the linking relative to the
> ppt, all this could have been avoided.
>
> So my question is, is there a way to save the ppt where all the linked
> images are pulled in as embedded images?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

Glen Millar

      11th Oct 2007

> Within it you will find a link to the free demo of FixLinks which I think
> will solve your problem.
>
> Lucy
>
> PS Sorry if this is a repeat post - my internet connection is playing up.
> Again.

It's a long way from the internet to where you live?

<g>

"Glen Millar" wrote:

> It's a long way from the internet to where you live?
>
> <g>

Mate, I'm in Adelaide - it's a long way to *anywhere*
<g>

Lucy

Steve Rindsberg

      11th Oct 2007
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Jdwinx wrote:
> I have a ppt with hundreds of linked images. I did not realize that the image
> linking used an absolute address as opposed to a relative address (why they
> did this I have not figured out yet). The problem is that when I send the ppt
> and the linked images to a co-worker, he can't see the images because the
> path where they are saved is different. I have them all on a D: drive and he
> doesn't have a D: drive and it is a little much to ask him to partition his
> drive and create the EXACT same directory structure I have just to view the
> linked images. If Microsoft would have only made the linking relative to the
> ppt, all this could have been avoided.
>
> So my question is, is there a way to save the ppt where all the linked
> images are pulled in as embedded images?

The free FixLinks demo will either convert linked images to embedded images, or
will adjust the links so that they'll work so long as the PPT and linked images
are in the same folder.

http://www.pptools.com/fixlinks/

To be perfectly clear: the free demo will do either. No need to purchase
anything.

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com