Save JPG GIF files allows only BMP

Gordon

      26th Oct 2003
Hi ...

When ever I try to save a JPG or GIF file imbedded in an e-mail body, I
right click and the can only save the file as a BMP. This has happened in
the past few months and I have been keeping up to date with all my XP Pro
and Explorer 6.0 updates. I suspect maybe something there has change a
setting but I cna't find it.

Thanks

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      26th Oct 2003
empty the temp internet files (IE's tools, options) and see if that helps.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_u...tlook.*&num=30

> Hi ...
>
> When ever I try to save a JPG or GIF file imbedded in an e-mail body, I
> right click and the can only save the file as a BMP. This has happened in
> the past few months and I have been keeping up to date with all my XP Pro
> and Explorer 6.0 updates. I suspect maybe something there has change a
> setting but I cna't find it.
>
> Thanks

Gordon

      26th Oct 2003
Thanks for your reply ...

I have read alot of stuff including emptying temp files and clearing out
dowloaded program files etc ...

That did not do anything to help ... I have never had any problems copying
image files (GIF or JPG) from a website

The only thing I can do for now is to import into Outlook Express and save
the files from there ... at least untill I find a solution, perhaps there is
a setting that I can change some where ...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...