save as jpeg.

Geoff

      27th Oct 2004
For some reason I now can't save any jpeg pics.
Only get the choice of bmp in the save as box, even when they are jpeg pics.
this has just happened and I don't know what I've done !!!
Any help appreciated

Geoff Blyth

--
G R Blyth
(E-Mail Removed)

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP

      27th Oct 2004
"Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:SXFfd.204$(E-Mail Removed)
> For some reason I now can't save any jpeg pics.
> Only get the choice of bmp in the save as box, even when they are
> jpeg pics. this has just happened and I don't know what I've done !!!
> Any help appreciated
>
> Geoff Blyth

That happens when the Temporary Internet Files are too full. In IE click
Tools | Internet Options. Click Delete Files in the Temporary Internet
files section of the General tab. On the next window place a check mark in
the box to Delete all offline content.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Geoff

      27th Oct 2004
Hi Frank, all cookies, temp files get deleted daily.
This doesn't seem to be the cause !
Could I have changed a setting not knowingly ?

Regards Geoff Blyth

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uvcAhJ%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:SXFfd.204$(E-Mail Removed)
>> For some reason I now can't save any jpeg pics.
>> Only get the choice of bmp in the save as box, even when they are
>> jpeg pics. this has just happened and I don't know what I've done !!!
>> Any help appreciated
>>
>> Geoff Blyth

> That happens when the Temporary Internet Files are too full. In IE click
> Tools | Internet Options. Click Delete Files in the Temporary Internet
> files section of the General tab. On the next window place a check mark
> in the box to Delete all offline content.
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE

      27th Oct 2004
"Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news3Lfd.576$(E-Mail Removed)
> Hi Frank, all cookies, temp files get deleted daily.
> This doesn't seem to be the cause !
> Could I have changed a setting not knowingly ?
>
> Regards Geoff Blyth
>

> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uvcAhJ%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:SXFfd.204$(E-Mail Removed)
>>> For some reason I now can't save any jpeg pics.
>>> Only get the choice of bmp in the save as box, even when they are
>>> jpeg pics. this has just happened and I don't know what I've done
>>> !!! Any help appreciated
>>>
>>> Geoff Blyth

>> That happens when the Temporary Internet Files are too full. In IE
>> click Tools | Internet Options. Click Delete Files in the Temporary
>> Internet files section of the General tab. On the next window place
>> a check mark in the box to Delete all offline content.
>>
>> --
>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
>> Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
>> http://www.fjsmjs.com
>> Protect your PC
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

Are you checking the box to Delete all offline content?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Geoff

      28th Oct 2004
Yep

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OOvi%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news3Lfd.576$(E-Mail Removed)
>> Hi Frank, all cookies, temp files get deleted daily.
>> This doesn't seem to be the cause !
>> Could I have changed a setting not knowingly ?
>>
>> Regards Geoff Blyth
>>

>> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:uvcAhJ%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:SXFfd.204$(E-Mail Removed)

>>> That happens when the Temporary Internet Files are too full. In IE
>>> click Tools | Internet Options. Click Delete Files in the Temporary
>>> Internet files section of the General tab. On the next window place
>>> a check mark in the box to Delete all offline content.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
>>> Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
>>> http://www.fjsmjs.com
>>> Protect your PC
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

> Are you checking the box to Delete all offline content?
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE

      28th Oct 2004
"Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HX3gd.1749$(E-Mail Removed)
> Yep

Sorry, but in that case I have no idea.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:OOvi%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news3Lfd.576$(E-Mail Removed)
>>> Hi Frank, all cookies, temp files get deleted daily.
>>> This doesn't seem to be the cause !
>>> Could I have changed a setting not knowingly ?
>>>
>>> Regards Geoff Blyth
>>>
>>> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:uvcAhJ%(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Are you checking the box to Delete all offline content?
>>
>> --
>> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE

Jan Il

      28th Oct 2004
Hi Geoff :-)

Try the following and see if it helps:

Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)

Right-Clicking, Selecting 'Save Picture As' Does Not Save Image with Correct
Extension

Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format

and......

Safely Delete the Temporary Internet Files
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

also.......

It may be that your cache folder is corrupted. Try the following to
recreate it.

Recreating the cache, history and cookie folders when corrupted
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers_8.htm#deltree

> For some reason I now can't save any jpeg pics.
> Only get the choice of bmp in the save as box, even when they are
> jpeg pics. this has just happened and I don't know what I've done !!!
> Any help appreciated
>
> Geoff Blyth

=?Utf-8?B?Smlt?=

      30th Oct 2004
Frank - thanks, I've been trying to fix this problem all day, been in several
newsgroups and followed many suggestions, however you were the only one to
note "check the box to delete off-line content" - small note, but HUGE
importance.
BTW - is "off-line" content saved somewhere on my HD where I could view it?