save current record in VBA code

emmy

      8th Jul 2003
Hi there, I'd like to have a SAVE button on a bound form.
When the user clicks on the button, the current record
will be saved (if it's dirty), instead of having the user
move to another record using the record navigator.

Thanks a bunch!

Emmy

Dirk Goldgar

      8th Jul 2003
"emmy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:055c01c34588$f77059b0$(E-Mail Removed)
> Hi there, I'd like to have a SAVE button on a bound form.
> When the user clicks on the button, the current record
> will be saved (if it's dirty), instead of having the user
> move to another record using the record navigator.

If you really need to do this, you can write

RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord

or

If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False

--