Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 XT 256MB

Nouj

      9th Aug 2004
Hi People,

Well, i was browsing the newsgroups today when i came across this guy
making some claims about an X800 XT 256MB for only 40$.

As usual, I was as sceptical as always about these scam claims, so i
had to investigate for myself to see the deal. Well, after some
investigation, i realized, that heck, i just might have a chance to
get this X800 XT for real for only 40$!!! And the shipping worldwide
is free!! Yahoo!!!

No, i will not tell you that this is not a scam, or that this is not
the pyramid, the matrix pyramid, the reverse pyramid or god knows
which scamming maneuver. All i know, that the web site seems
legitimate to me and the site's owner seems like an honest man.

But the most important, chances now are pretty, pretty high, since
the list is still young.
It has in fact less than 40 People in it. It is only 40$ to
participate, and you get an antenna booster, worth around 20$ and you
get the shipping free. I have bought a similar antenna booster last
year for my Sony-Ericson Ti68 and it worked not bad. In my basement,
where the reception was virtually non existent, it is now at 50%
reception.

I never participated in such list before in my life, but when one
risk nothing, one gets nothing.

Oh!!!! One last thing before i give you the precious link. Why the
title says 35$ not 40$, is for the following reason.

If, and only if, you add "Nouj Dow" ( me ) as the "Referral ID:" on
the web site's registration form, i will give 5$ to the first five
persons that refer me, yes give 5$!! That's how strong i feel about
this thing!

Here is how it works: When filling the web site's registration form,
please put "Nouj Dow" in the "Referral ID:" field, then send me an
e-mail to (E-Mail Removed) and give me your name and the date
you added yourself to the list. After i confirm that you actually used
me as your referral, i will use PayPal to send you 5$. It is that
simple...What this does, is that it helps me a bit to get the card
faster, and make you save 5$

Well, here is the web site's URL http://www.itsfree2u.co.uk/x800xt.htm

In the worst case scenario, you have paid 40$ for something that is
worth 20$, but in the BEST CASE SCENARIO, you just bought yourself a
video card worth 750$ for 40$ ( actually 35$ if you referred me....LOL
). But remember you should add yourself while the list is still
pretty young to maximize your chances of actually getting the video
card!

So if you decide to go for it, then register now, while the list is
small. Because the smaller the list, the faster you will get your
precious card that will play DOOM3 and all the newest games at the
maximum frame rate possible. It is seriously a killer card!

I hope i do not sound like one of these scammer gyus. But i re-assure
you, i am not. I am just a regular Joe who wants to get a kickass vide
card

Go check it out, and please do not forget to add "Nouj Dow" as the
"Referral ID:" on the registration form if you decide to go for it

Thanks!

David Casey

      9th Aug 2004
On 8 Aug 2004 23:18:53 -0700, Nouj wrote:

[snip lame pyramid scheme]

> I hope i do not sound like one of these scammer gyus. But i re-assure
> you, i am not. I am just a regular Joe who wants to get a kickass vide
> card
>
> Go check it out, and please do not forget to add "Nouj Dow" as the
> "Referral ID:" on the registration form if you decide to go for it

I counted 37 people signed up so far. If each person has to wait until 24
people sign up, that means in order for person #37 to get their card,
another 888 people will have to sign up. Now, the 888th person to sign up
will need 21,312 people to sign up in order to get their card. (It's rough
late-night math, I could be off by a few hundred or thousand people either
way.)

Do you seriously think you're going to get 888 people to sign up? Take
your stupid scam somewhere else. Might I suggest alt.i.am.stupid?

Dave
--
We are the US military. Your asses will be kicked. Resistance is futile.

US Army Signal Corps!
www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email!

David Casey

      9th Aug 2004
On 8 Aug 2004 23:18:53 -0700, Nouj wrote:

[snip top and bottom]

> But the most important, chances now are pretty, pretty high, since
> the list is still young.
> It has in fact less than 40 People in it. It is only 40$ to
> participate, and you get an antenna booster, worth around 20$ and you
> get the shipping free. I have bought a similar antenna booster last
> year for my Sony-Ericson Ti68 and it worked not bad. In my basement,
> where the reception was virtually non existent, it is now at 50%
> reception.

BTW, your $20 cell phone boosters can be bought on eBay in lots of 120 for
less than $1.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...713286166&rd=1

Maybe that's what this scam is doing? Buying up lots of cell phone
boosters for pennies, turning around and selling them to idiots like you
for $40 while claiming it's worth $20, then after they make a few thousand
dollars, sending you a $500 graphics card (don't know where you got $750
from, but they're screwing you too).

Dave
--
We are the US military. Your asses will be kicked. Resistance is futile.

US Army Signal Corps!
www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email!

Daniel Czajko

      9th Aug 2004

> Do you seriously think you're going to get 888 people to sign up? Take
> your stupid scam somewhere else. Might I suggest alt.i.am.stupid?

LOL

Icer

      9th Aug 2004
C'mon, he IS the scammer!! Its the same old thing, some idiots think
they will get something for nothing and dive right in.

Icer

>On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 00:33:37 -0600, David Casey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 8 Aug 2004 23:18:53 -0700, Nouj wrote:
>
>[snip top and bottom]
>
>> But the most important, chances now are pretty, pretty high, since
>> the list is still young.
>> It has in fact less than 40 People in it. It is only 40$ to
>> participate, and you get an antenna booster, worth around 20$ and you
>> get the shipping free. I have bought a similar antenna booster last
>> year for my Sony-Ericson Ti68 and it worked not bad. In my basement,
>> where the reception was virtually non existent, it is now at 50%
>> reception.

>BTW, your $20 cell phone boosters can be bought on eBay in lots of 120 for
>less than $1.
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...713286166&rd=1
>
>Maybe that's what this scam is doing? Buying up lots of cell phone
>boosters for pennies, turning around and selling them to idiots like you
>for $40 while claiming it's worth $20, then after they make a few thousand
>dollars, sending you a $500 graphics card (don't know where you got $750
>from, but they're screwing you too).
>
>Dave

David Casey

      9th Aug 2004
On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 10:35:45 -0400, Icer wrote:

> C'mon, he IS the scammer!! Its the same old thing, some idiots think
> they will get something for nothing and dive right in.

It does appear to be a way to make a large amount of money since there
seems to be no end to the idiots in the world. Perhaps I should look into
this more. ;-)

Dave
--
We are the US military. Your asses will be kicked. Resistance is futile.

US Army Signal Corps!
www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email!

Augustus

      9th Aug 2004

"Nouj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi People,
>
> Well, i was browsing the newsgroups today when i came across this guy
> making some claims about an X800 XT 256MB for only 40$.
>
> As usual, I was as sceptical as always about these scam claims, so i
> had to investigate for myself to see the deal. Well, after some
> investigation, i realized, that heck, i just might have a chance to
> get this X800 XT for real for only 40$!!! And the shipping worldwide
> is free!! Yahoo!!!

Pyramid scheme fraud, pure and simple. The one or two people who have
"received" their cards are shills or accomplices of the scammer.