DaddyRay

      1st Dec 2003
I am using WinXP Pro, OfficeXP, and Outlook 2003. I
recently bought a new computer and installed the hard
drive out of my old computer into the new computer as a
backup drive (Drive "F"). I installed OL2003 on the new
computer (Hard Drive "D") and copied the .pst files from
Drive "F" to the new computer Drive "D". When I
synchronize my QuickBooks customer accounts to my OL
Contacts, nothing appears in Contacts. I noticed that I
still have an old OL archive.pst on my drive "F" that is
being updated at the same time that the QB synchronization
is running. No update appears on any OL file on
drive "D". I have an archive.pst file on drive "D" that
is not being updated during the synchronization process.
Can you help?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      1st Dec 2003
You've lost me here. What is QuickBooks and what does it have to do with
anything? Where are Contacts failing to appear? How did you "copy" your PST
file?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"DaddyRay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:056601c3b821$7d0866c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am using WinXP Pro, OfficeXP, and Outlook 2003. I
> recently bought a new computer and installed the hard
> drive out of my old computer into the new computer as a
> backup drive (Drive "F"). I installed OL2003 on the new
> computer (Hard Drive "D") and copied the .pst files from
> Drive "F" to the new computer Drive "D". When I
> synchronize my QuickBooks customer accounts to my OL
> Contacts, nothing appears in Contacts. I noticed that I
> still have an old OL archive.pst on my drive "F" that is
> being updated at the same time that the QB synchronization
> is running. No update appears on any OL file on
> drive "D". I have an archive.pst file on drive "D" that
> is not being updated during the synchronization process.
> Can you help?

Bastet

      2nd Dec 2003
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> You've lost me here. What is QuickBooks and what does it have to do
> with anything? Where are Contacts failing to appear? How did you
> "copy" your PST file?
>> I am using WinXP Pro, OfficeXP, and Outlook 2003. I
>> recently bought a new computer and installed the hard
>> drive out of my old computer into the new computer as a
>> backup drive (Drive "F"). I installed OL2003 on the new
>> computer (Hard Drive "D") and copied the .pst files from
>> Drive "F" to the new computer Drive "D". When I
>> synchronize my QuickBooks customer accounts to my OL
>> Contacts, nothing appears in Contacts. I noticed that I
>> still have an old OL archive.pst on my drive "F" that is
>> being updated at the same time that the QB synchronization
>> is running. No update appears on any OL file on
>> drive "D". I have an archive.pst file on drive "D" that
>> is not being updated during the synchronization process.
>> Can you help?

QuickBooks is an accounting application developed by Intuit. As to the
rest...well I'm stumped too! ;o)

DaddyRay

      2nd Dec 2003
QuickBooks Pro is my
accounting/inventory/invoicing/estimating software
published by Intuit. As I accumulate new customers, I use
a QB utility that connects to Outlook and it adds the new
customers to my OL Contacts folder. QB calls this
process "Synchronizing". The QB Synchronization log shows
that it tried to synchronize with two OLs. One was
successful and one was not. The one that OL opens on the
screen is the one that is not successful.

I used the Microsoft "copy and past" tool to copy my
old .pst files from my "F" drive to the OL folder in the
new "D" drive.

I have discovered that I have two sets of "Persona
Folders". Would it be safe to create a "Test" folder and
move all the OL files to this folder, then delete and
reinstall OL, then run the "import" utility?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      2nd Dec 2003
Ick. First, are you certain that QB "synchronization" is compatible with
Outlook 2003? I suspect it needs an update at the very least.
Second, trying to overwrite a PST file with another is the worst possible
way to migrate data. If I were you, I'd start over with a new Outlook
profile and in it I would migrate your old data correctly: copy your old PST
file to an empty folder your new drive and then configure your new profile
to use it as its default PST.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
news:062101c3b8ed$f3345940$(E-Mail Removed)...