Running two instances of PowerPoint simultaneously

BigBrother

      15th Jul 2008
I have Office 2003 installed on my laptop (HP Compac 6710b).
Unlike Word and Excel, I have observed that I cannot run two instances of
PowerPoint at the same time on my machine.
Can anyone please show me how to do this? Thank you.

Michael Koerner

      15th Jul 2008
You can't. You can open as many presentations as you want for editing purposes. But, on one PowerPoint

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"BigBrother" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I have Office 2003 installed on my laptop (HP Compac 6710b).
Unlike Word and Excel, I have observed that I cannot run two instances of
PowerPoint at the same time on my machine.
Can anyone please show me how to do this? Thank you.

BigBrother

      15th Jul 2008
Thanks Steve.
Clicking on Arrange All from the Window menu (PowerPoint 2003) did work.
Though I could not have two instances of PowerPoint, I was able to view the
two presentations I had opened side-by-side and able to copy slides from one
and paste into the other.
This was possible even without having to drag the PowerPoint window across
two monitors as suggested by you.
Thank you so much.
BigBrother.