PC Review

Running a command line process

=?Utf-8?B?aHBsbG95ZA==?=

10th Jun 2004
Hi I want my VB.NET application to run a command from the command line and then wait for the command to finish before continuing.

I am currently using

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(strApp)

where strApp is the the command line text.

However this method starts a new process and therefore my application continues without waiting.

Any ideas?

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

10th Jun 2004
* "=?Utf-8?B?aHBsbG95ZA==?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> scripsit:
> Hi I want my VB.NET application to run a command from the command line and then wait for the command to finish before continuing.
>
> I am currently using
>
> System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(strApp)
>
> where strApp is the the command line text.
>
> However this method starts a new process and therefore my application continues without waiting.

\\\
Imports System.Diagnostics
Dim p As Process = Process.Start("C:\foo.exe")
p.WaitForExit()
///

--
Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]
<URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>

Cor Ligthert

10th Jun 2004
Answered by Jon Skeet in dotnet.general

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads