run time error and internet explorer

rigdonia

      27th Mar 2004
Here's a wierd one for you.... seemingly randomly, I get
a frozen internet window - I can not resize it, minimize,
maximize, or close it. I can open a new window if I want
and surf away on that one. After several minutes, the
errant window presents with a runtime error! 'ssup with
that?!

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP

      27th Mar 2004
"rigdonia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1471e01c41422$d640efc0$(E-Mail Removed)
> Here's a wierd one for you.... seemingly randomly, I get
> a frozen internet window - I can not resize it, minimize,
> maximize, or close it. I can open a new window if I want
> and surf away on that one. After several minutes, the
> errant window presents with a runtime error! 'ssup with
> that?!

First eliminate any scumware.
See
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Note that AdAware and SpyBot S & D will each catch some things the other
won't. Also, each needs to be updated before every use, even when just
downloaded. There's also a lot more to do than just those two programs.
CWShredder is also available here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...cwshredder.zip
**Post your HijackThis log to
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/ or the Spyware forum at
http://forum.aumha.org/ for expert analysis, not here.**
Alternative download pages for Ad-Aware, Spybot, HijackThis and CWShredder
may be found on this page:
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm.
If trying everything at that site does not fix the problem please post back
in the same thread.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com