Run time Error 3035, System resource exceeded

Ryan

      3rd Dec 2008
I have this union query in access which produces a Run Time 3035 System
Resource Exceeded error. If I remove one of the queries from the Union it
works, but I have 10 more to add. Each of the queries have 24 columns. The
result of the Union Query is passed to a Crosstab query. I tried changing
the MaxLocksPerFile in the registry editor but that didnt help. Any
suggestions??
select * from B03ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from B04ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C10ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C11ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C12ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C16ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C18ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C24ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C25ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C27ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C28ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C29ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C30ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C31ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C32ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C32ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C36ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C37ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C38ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C39ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C40ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C41ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C42ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C43ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C45ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C46ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C47ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C48ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C50ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C51ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C52ChargesPD
UNION ALL
select * from C56ChargesPD;

Golfinray

      3rd Dec 2008
The maximum nuber of fields in a query is 250.

"Ryan" wrote:

> I have this union query in access which produces a Run Time 3035 System
> Resource Exceeded error. If I remove one of the queries from the Union it
> works, but I have 10 more to add. Each of the queries have 24 columns. The
> result of the Union Query is passed to a Crosstab query. I tried changing
> the MaxLocksPerFile in the registry editor but that didnt help. Any
> suggestions??
> select * from B03ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from B04ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C10ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C11ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C12ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C16ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C18ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C24ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C25ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C27ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C28ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C29ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C30ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C31ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C32ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C32ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C36ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C37ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C38ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C39ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C40ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C41ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C42ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C43ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C45ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C46ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C47ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C48ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C50ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C51ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C52ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C56ChargesPD;

Ryan

      3rd Dec 2008
There are only 24 fields. Each query has the same 24 columns.

"Golfinray" wrote:

> The maximum nuber of fields in a query is 250.
>
> "Ryan" wrote:
>
> > I have this union query in access which produces a Run Time 3035 System
> > Resource Exceeded error. If I remove one of the queries from the Union it
> > works, but I have 10 more to add. Each of the queries have 24 columns. The
> > result of the Union Query is passed to a Crosstab query. I tried changing
> > the MaxLocksPerFile in the registry editor but that didnt help. Any
> > suggestions??
> > select * from B03ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from B04ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C10ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C11ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C12ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C16ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C18ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C24ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C25ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C27ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C28ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C29ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C30ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C31ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C32ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C32ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C36ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C37ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C38ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C39ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C40ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C41ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C42ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C43ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C45ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C46ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C47ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C48ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C50ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C51ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C52ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C56ChargesPD;

Ryan

      3rd Dec 2008
I am able to run the Union Query, the problem occures when the union query is
passed to the Crosstab query. Here is my crosstab query if it will help.

PARAMETERS [Forms]![Parameters].[LocationFilter] Text ( 255 ),
[Forms]![Parameters].[StartDateFilter2] Text ( 255 ),
[Forms]![Parameters].[EndDateFilter2] Text ( 255 );
TRANSFORM Sum(AllChargesPD.Charges) AS SumOfCharges
SELECT AllChargesPD.[Financial Class], Sum(AllChargesPD.Charges) AS
[Financial Class Total]
FROM AllChargesPD
WHERE (((InStr("," & Forms!Parameters.LocationFilter & ",","," & [Database]
& ","))>0))
GROUP BY AllChargesPD.[Financial Class]
PIVOT AllChargesPD.Database;

"Golfinray" wrote:

> The maximum nuber of fields in a query is 250.
>
> "Ryan" wrote:
>
> > I have this union query in access which produces a Run Time 3035 System
> > Resource Exceeded error. If I remove one of the queries from the Union it
> > works, but I have 10 more to add. Each of the queries have 24 columns. The
> > result of the Union Query is passed to a Crosstab query. I tried changing
> > the MaxLocksPerFile in the registry editor but that didnt help. Any
> > suggestions??
> > select * from B03ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from B04ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C10ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C11ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C12ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C16ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C18ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C24ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C25ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C27ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C28ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C29ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C30ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C31ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C32ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C32ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C36ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C37ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C38ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C39ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C40ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C41ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C42ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C43ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C45ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C46ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C47ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C48ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C50ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C51ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C52ChargesPD
> > UNION ALL
> > select * from C56ChargesPD;

Ryan

      3rd Dec 2008
Microsoft Access database specifications
Number of tables in a query 32
Could this be the reason? I would think this would be the reason, but the
Union query will run, I only get the error when the crosstab query runs.

"Ryan" wrote:

> I have this union query in access which produces a Run Time 3035 System
> Resource Exceeded error. If I remove one of the queries from the Union it
> works, but I have 10 more to add. Each of the queries have 24 columns. The
> result of the Union Query is passed to a Crosstab query. I tried changing
> the MaxLocksPerFile in the registry editor but that didnt help. Any
> suggestions??
> select * from B03ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from B04ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C10ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C11ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C12ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C16ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C18ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C24ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C25ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C27ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C28ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C29ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C30ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C31ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C32ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C32ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C36ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C37ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C38ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C39ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C40ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C41ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C42ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C43ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C45ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C46ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C47ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C48ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C50ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C51ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C52ChargesPD
> UNION ALL
> select * from C56ChargesPD;

New Member

      13th Dec 2008
Same message (Run-time error '3035': System Resource exceeded.) appear to me when I run Query in Access 2007:

sSQL ="UPDATE TempTbl SET [fldID] = bmConvCode([fldID],2,4), [fldDesc] = bmConvCode([fldDesc],2,4);"

where bmConvCode() is my function...

I generateed SQL by code, a and execute by "CurrentDb.Execute sSQL"

an it works fine for 24 similar update queries, and than stoped at 25th.

Database have over 30 tabels and I generate SQL Update for every tabe and text field in table.
Database size is about 350MB.

How to finish the job?

Last edited by drinski67; 13th Dec 2008 at 09:37 PM..

New Member

      13th Dec 2008
I found a solution:

Application.DBEngine.SetOption dbMaxLocksPerFile, 1000000

after that everythng is OK...

Strange...

because I Create Linked Tabel, execute SQL, and delete TableDef... so I always had one table in game... and 25th table is not event to long... it is one of shorter...

Strange...

Microsoft product...

Strange...