rstrui.exe - Entry Point Not Found

      21st Feb 2004
Following a repair installation of XP Pro I am no longer
able to run the Restore program. I get the following
error message:

rstrui.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point
RemoteAssistancePrepareSystemRestore could not be located
in the dynamic link library WINSTA.dll.

Is anyone able to assist with this problem
A resolution will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Grant

Kelly

      21st Feb 2004
Hi Grant,

Boot into Safe Mode
Go to Start/Run and type in: inf
Scroll down to sr.inf, right click and choose install.
Reboot.

--
Happy Mardi-Gras,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Utilities for Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_u.htm#xp_util

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:13a2601c3f846$ebf902f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Following a repair installation of XP Pro I am no longer
> able to run the Restore program. I get the following
> error message:
>
> rstrui.exe - Entry Point Not Found
> The procedure entry point
> RemoteAssistancePrepareSystemRestore could not be located
> in the dynamic link library WINSTA.dll.
>
> Is anyone able to assist with this problem
> A resolution will be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Grant

Ramesh [MVP]

      21st Feb 2004
1. Insert the Windows XP CD
2. Click [Start] [Run]
3. Type the following command and press Enter
"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\Windows\Inf\sr.inf"

System Restore core files should be reinstalled.

Alternately, you may also open Windows Explorer, navigate to "C:\Windows\Inf" folder and right-click sr.inf (choose Install)

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:13a2601c3f846$ebf902f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
Following a repair installation of XP Pro I am no longer
able to run the Restore program. I get the following
error message:

rstrui.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point
RemoteAssistancePrepareSystemRestore could not be located
in the dynamic link library WINSTA.dll.

Is anyone able to assist with this problem
A resolution will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Grant

Kasvera

      21st Feb 2004
Hi Grant,

If the problem persists, you can even try this:

http://www.updatexp.com/rstrui-exe-e...not-found.html

- kasvera [mcp]

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:13a2601c3f846$ebf902f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Following a repair installation of XP Pro I am no longer
> able to run the Restore program. I get the following
> error message:
>
> rstrui.exe - Entry Point Not Found
> The procedure entry point
> RemoteAssistancePrepareSystemRestore could not be located
> in the dynamic link library WINSTA.dll.
>
> Is anyone able to assist with this problem
> A resolution will be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Grant

Kelly

      21st Feb 2004
Same fix.

--
Happy Mardi-Gras,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Utilities for Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_u.htm#xp_util

"Kasvera" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OJEQCsE%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Grant,
>
> If the problem persists, you can even try this:
>
> http://www.updatexp.com/rstrui-exe-e...not-found.html
>

> - kasvera [mcp]
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:13a2601c3f846$ebf902f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Following a repair installation of XP Pro I am no longer
> > able to run the Restore program. I get the following
> > error message:
> >
> > rstrui.exe - Entry Point Not Found
> > The procedure entry point
> > RemoteAssistancePrepareSystemRestore could not be located
> > in the dynamic link library WINSTA.dll.
> >
> > Is anyone able to assist with this problem
> > A resolution will be greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks,
> > Grant

Farmboys

      21st Feb 2004
Thank you everybody for your assistance. Your generosity with your knowledge
means a lot.
Thanks again :-)

news:eLmsZ0E%(E-Mail Removed)...