RPC server unavailable

THE Old ONE

      5th Jan 2009
I have suddenly lost the printer, no sign of it in the printer and faxes
window, HPphotosmart 7550. I have unistalled and reinstalled, but no joy! RPC
server unavaible.
Help please.

Tom Ferguson

      5th Jan 2009
Navigate to Start Run and type -

cmd

then press enter

type -

net start /rpcss

press enter

type -

net start /spooler

press enter

type -

exit

press enter

type -

exit

press enter

Now, see if the printer is back.

Let us know.
--

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"THE Old ONE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have suddenly lost the printer, no sign of it in the printer and faxes
> window, HPphotosmart 7550. I have unistalled and reinstalled, but no joy!
> RPC
> server unavaible.
> Help please.

THE Old ONE

      6th Jan 2009
Fantastic instructions, I have uninstalled the printer, do I need to
reinstall before following your instructions.
Thanks

"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

> Navigate to Start Run and type -
>
> cmd
>
> then press enter
>
> type -
>
> net start /rpcss
>
> press enter
>
> type -
>
> net start /spooler
>
> press enter
>
> type -
>
> exit
>
> press enter
>
> type -
>
> exit
>
> press enter
>
> Now, see if the printer is back.
>
> Let us know.
> --
>
> Tom
> MSMVP 1998-2007
>

> "THE Old ONE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have suddenly lost the printer, no sign of it in the printer and faxes
> > window, HPphotosmart 7550. I have unistalled and reinstalled, but no joy!
> > RPC
> > server unavaible.
> > Help please.

Tom Ferguson

      6th Jan 2009
No. Reinstall after.

By the way, in the instructions there is one too many instructions about
exiting the command processor. You only have to exit once.
--

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"THE Old ONE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Fantastic instructions, I have uninstalled the printer, do I need to
> reinstall before following your instructions.
> Thanks
>
> "Tom Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> Navigate to Start Run and type -
>>
>> cmd
>>
>> then press enter
>>
>> type -
>>
>> net start /rpcss
>>
>> press enter
>>
>> type -
>>
>> net start /spooler
>>
>> press enter
>>
>> type -
>>
>> exit
>>
>> press enter
>>
>> type -
>>
>> exit
>>
>> press enter
>>
>> Now, see if the printer is back.
>>
>> Let us know.
>> --
>>
>> Tom
>> MSMVP 1998-2007
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb490713.aspx
>>

>> "THE Old ONE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I have suddenly lost the printer, no sign of it in the printer and faxes
>> > window, HPphotosmart 7550. I have unistalled and reinstalled, but no
>> > joy!
>> > RPC
>> > server unavaible.
>> > Help please.

THE Old ONE

      15th Jan 2009
Followed your instruuctions,still get the error message' pc server not
available. I have TUT installed and in services it shows the PCS as running.
in event viewer it shows I have dozens of faults, DCOM event 1005.
"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

> No. Reinstall after.
>
> By the way, in the instructions there is one too many instructions about
> exiting the command processor. You only have to exit once.
> --
>
> Tom
> MSMVP 1998-2007
>

> "THE Old ONE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Fantastic instructions, I have uninstalled the printer, do I need to
> > reinstall before following your instructions.
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Tom Ferguson" wrote:
> >
> >> Navigate to Start Run and type -
> >>
> >> cmd
> >>
> >> then press enter
> >>
> >> type -
> >>
> >> net start /rpcss
> >>
> >> press enter
> >>
> >> type -
> >>
> >> net start /spooler
> >>
> >> press enter
> >>
> >> type -
> >>
> >> exit
> >>
> >> press enter
> >>
> >> type -
> >>
> >> exit
> >>
> >> press enter
> >>
> >> Now, see if the printer is back.
> >>
> >> Let us know.
> >> --
> >>
> >> Tom
> >> MSMVP 1998-2007
> >> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb490713.aspx
> >>

> >> "THE Old ONE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

john

      13th Feb 2009
i still do not have printer. still have spooler error. i have an photosmart
2610

"THE Old ONE" wrote:

> I have suddenly lost the printer, no sign of it in the printer and faxes
> window, HPphotosmart 7550. I have unistalled and reinstalled, but no joy! RPC
> server unavaible.
> Help please.

Flora

      8th Apr 2009
I tried the command sequence from "The Old One" but it's being accepted it as
typed - says my syntax is wrong? Should be using caps, is the spacing exactly
the same as in your instructions, etc? I am not used to doing this, obviously!
--
Thank you,
Flora