PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

ROUND Function with other function

 
 
Outapin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      8th Dec 2005

Hi,

I have this formula:
=IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8)

and the results shows me for example: +11.6 but what I really want t
show is +12.
I've been trying to put the "Round" function at a few places in th
formula but it doesn't work.
The closest I got was with this formula:

=ROUND(IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8),0)

where it showed me 12, without the "+" sign before....

Can anyone help me ?

Thank

--
Outapi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Outapin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2927
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49194

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?RXJpbiBTZWFyZm9zcw==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      8th Dec 2005
This should work:
=IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",ROUND(R8,0)),R8)

Or you may consider skipping the formula and just formatting R8 with custom
formatting like this:
"+"0;"-"0

"Outapin" wrote:

>
> Hi,
>
> I have this formula:
> =IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8)
>
> and the results shows me for example: +11.6 but what I really want to
> show is +12.
> I've been trying to put the "Round" function at a few places in the
> formula but it doesn't work.
> The closest I got was with this formula:
>
> =ROUND(IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8),0)
>
> where it showed me 12, without the "+" sign before....
>
> Can anyone help me ?
>
> Thanks
>
>
> --
> Outapin
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Outapin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29278
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=491949
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ragdyer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      8th Dec 2005
Try this:

=IF(R8>0,TEXT(R8,"+####"),R8)

--
HTH,

RD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit !
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Outapin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> Hi,
>
> I have this formula:
> =IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8)
>
> and the results shows me for example: +11.6 but what I really want to
> show is +12.
> I've been trying to put the "Round" function at a few places in the
> formula but it doesn't work.
> The closest I got was with this formula:
>
> =ROUND(IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8),0)
>
> where it showed me 12, without the "+" sign before....
>
> Can anyone help me ?
>
> Thanks
>
>
> --
> Outapin
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Outapin's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29278
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=491949
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VB Function Round vs Excel function Round not behaving the same Od =?Utf-8?B?QnVk?= Microsoft Excel Programming 5 18th Aug 2006 05:39 AM
Round-up At Round About!!! =?Utf-8?B?a2VubnlrZWU=?= Microsoft Access VBA Modules 4 27th May 2005 10:57 AM
Math.Round and SQL Server Round =?Utf-8?B?dG1laXN0ZXI=?= Microsoft VB .NET 5 29th Nov 2004 10:55 PM
Round function - round to 5 freimc Microsoft Excel Worksheet Functions 3 18th May 2004 11:36 AM
Re: math.round vs Excel Round mikeb Microsoft Dot NET Framework 0 20th Jan 2004 01:30 AM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:32 PM.