Right click + "Open in a new window" doesn't work !!!!!!!!! HELP pls !!!!!!

Musashi San

      24th Aug 2003
re
Hi,

it's the first time ever i encounter this problem and i don't understand
what is the issue :

i have W2000 pro, internet explorer 6 sp1.
when i right click and do "open the link in a new window" or shift + left
click on a link to open this link in a new window : the new winow pop up but
nothing is open in the window. no adress in the adress bar, no loading,
nothing...
it's the same thing when a link on a page wants to open a site in a new
window...;nothing....the window is poping up but nothing appears....

what do i have to do ??? i have all the lattest patches....

thx a lot !!!!!!!!!

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP

      25th Aug 2003
"Musashi San" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f4935be$0$6191$(E-Mail Removed)
> re
> Hi,
>
> it's the first time ever i encounter this problem and i don't
> understand what is the issue :
>
> i have W2000 pro, internet explorer 6 sp1.
> when i right click and do "open the link in a new window" or shift +
> left click on a link to open this link in a new window : the new
> winow pop up but nothing is open in the window. no adress in the
> adress bar, no loading, nothing...
> it's the same thing when a link on a page wants to open a site in a
> new window...;nothing....the window is poping up but nothing
> appears....
>
> what do i have to do ??? i have all the lattest patches....
>
> thx a lot !!!!!!!!!

From http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. In the Open box, type:

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

3. Click OK, and then click OK again when you receive the following message:

DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded.

4. If that doesn't fix it, see this article:

http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#new_window

You can also try this:

Go to Start/run, and type SFC (SFC /SCANNOW for Win2K or WinXP).
Choose 'Extract One File From Installation Disk'.
Type oleaut32.dll, not worrying about its location. Then, click Start.

Next to 'Restore From', type in or browse for the file's location, which is
probably in the Win98 folder of your installation CD-ROM (typically
D:\Win98), or in your Windows\Options\Cabs folder, as the case may be.

Then, next to 'Save File In', enter C:\Windows\System, and click OK. System
File Checker looks for the file, saves it as you requested, and then tells
you that 'the file has been successfully extracted'.

You may need to reboot.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Musashi San

      25th Aug 2003
The first trick works.....thx a lot...
Maybe it's a little bit difficult or you don't have the time but what was
the issue ???
And by the way...who are you ? thx for your help !!!!

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Musashi San" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3f4935be$0$6191$(E-Mail Removed)
> > re
> > Hi,
> >
> > it's the first time ever i encounter this problem and i don't
> > understand what is the issue :
> >
> > i have W2000 pro, internet explorer 6 sp1.
> > when i right click and do "open the link in a new window" or shift +
> > left click on a link to open this link in a new window : the new
> > winow pop up but nothing is open in the window. no adress in the
> > adress bar, no loading, nothing...
> > it's the same thing when a link on a page wants to open a site in a
> > new window...;nothing....the window is poping up but nothing
> > appears....
> >
> > what do i have to do ??? i have all the lattest patches....
> >
> > thx a lot !!!!!!!!!

> From http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
>
> 1. Click Start, and then click Run.
>
> 2. In the Open box, type:
>
> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
>
> 3. Click OK, and then click OK again when you receive the following

message:

> DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded.
>

> 4. If that doesn't fix it, see this article:
>
> http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#new_window
>

> You can also try this:
>
> Go to Start/run, and type SFC (SFC /SCANNOW for Win2K or WinXP).
> Choose 'Extract One File From Installation Disk'.
> Type oleaut32.dll, not worrying about its location. Then, click Start.
>
> Next to 'Restore From', type in or browse for the file's location, which

is
> probably in the Win98 folder of your installation CD-ROM (typically
> D:\Win98), or in your Windows\Options\Cabs folder, as the case may be.
>
> Then, next to 'Save File In', enter C:\Windows\System, and click OK.

System
> File Checker looks for the file, saves it as you requested, and then tells
> you that 'the file has been successfully extracted'.
>
> You may need to reboot.
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> Please respond in Newsgroup. Do not send email
> http://www.fjsmjs.com

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP

      25th Aug 2003
"Musashi San" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f49e1d9$0$281$(E-Mail Removed)
> The first trick works.....thx a lot...
> Maybe it's a little bit difficult or you don't have the time but what
> was the issue ???
> And by the way...who are you ? thx for your help !!!!

As far as I know, no one has figured out what causes this.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com