Rich Text Question

John

      18th Mar 2009
I recently updated from 2003 to 2007 version of Access. In 2003 I had a third
party software from FMS to convert rich text from a sql database to a
readable form in a report. Does 2007 have a way of reading the rich text from
another database and leave out the /par and garbage and just leave the text.
or do I still need a third party software to eliminate it.

Thanks in advance.

bcap

      18th Mar 2009
No, Access 2007 has nothing to handle *real* rich text.

A2007 supports something that MS *calls* rich text, but it's not, it's
actually HTML (or a subset thereof), so it's no good for real rich text.

Stephen Lebans has a free Rich Text control here, you could try using this
in your reports instead of converting the rich text:

http://www.lebans.com/richtext.htm

>I recently updated from 2003 to 2007 version of Access. In 2003 I had a
>third
> party software from FMS to convert rich text from a sql database to a
> readable form in a report. Does 2007 have a way of reading the rich text
> from
> another database and leave out the /par and garbage and just leave the
> text.
> or do I still need a third party software to eliminate it.
>
> Thanks in advance.

John

      18th Mar 2009
Thanks, appreciate the help.