Return to my previous version of Excel. HATE RIBBON!!!

kboehringer

      23rd Aug 2008
I absolutely hate this new "RIBBON" in Excel '07. I am (or was) an
extremely proficient and speedy user of Excel. This RIBBON is horrible and I
don't have the time or interest in learning to navigate around this RIBBON.
I understand from the help file there is no way to remove the ribbon or
display in a "Classic" format. Is there an easy way to "CONVERT BACK" to
my previous version of Excel?

Ron de Bruin

      23rd Aug 2008
Hi kboehringer

>I absolutely hate this new "RIBBON" in Excel '07. I am (or was) an
> extremely proficient and speedy user of Excel. This RIBBON is horrible and I
> don't have the time or interest in learning to navigate around this RIBBON.

Why do you upgrade ?
The ribbon is the result form all feedback MS received and it is not bad at all.

> I understand from the help file there is no way to remove the ribbon or
> display in a "Classic" format. Is there an easy way to "CONVERT BACK" to
> my previous version of Excel?

Only with a third party add-in
But my advise is not to use a add-in like this.

Maybe this page will help you to find the commands
http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"kboehringer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I absolutely hate this new "RIBBON" in Excel '07. I am (or was) an
> extremely proficient and speedy user of Excel. This RIBBON is horrible and I
> don't have the time or interest in learning to navigate around this RIBBON.
> I understand from the help file there is no way to remove the ribbon or
> display in a "Classic" format. Is there an easy way to "CONVERT BACK" to
> my previous version of Excel?

Gord Dibben

      23rd Aug 2008
Uninstall 2007 then re-install 2003

Alternative....................

You can get a "classic" look and feel from this application found at

http://www.addintools.com/english/menuexcel/

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:06:01 -0700, kboehringer
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I absolutely hate this new "RIBBON" in Excel '07. I am (or was) an
>extremely proficient and speedy user of Excel. This RIBBON is horrible and I
>don't have the time or interest in learning to navigate around this RIBBON.
>I understand from the help file there is no way to remove the ribbon or
>display in a "Classic" format. Is there an easy way to "CONVERT BACK" to
>my previous version of Excel?

Sheeloo

      23rd Aug 2008
2007 version has so many good things that it is not wise to giveup just to
avoid the learning curve...

You may try free add-in http://downloads.zdnet.com/abstract.aspx?docid=285017.

I would suggest that you accept the new ribbon and work with it. You can
quickly add your favourite icons to quick access toolbar.

Also if you working in a non-commercial environment then try ASAP utilities
(http://www.asap-utilities.com/downlo...-utilities.php)

"kboehringer" wrote:

> I absolutely hate this new "RIBBON" in Excel '07. I am (or was) an
> extremely proficient and speedy user of Excel. This RIBBON is horrible and I
> don't have the time or interest in learning to navigate around this RIBBON.
> I understand from the help file there is no way to remove the ribbon or
> display in a "Classic" format. Is there an easy way to "CONVERT BACK" to
> my previous version of Excel?

kboehringer

      23rd Aug 2008
Gentlemen,

Thank you very much for the responses. I didn't realize the interface was
SO different in the new version. I purchased Home & Student (3-License) for
my daughter's new computer. I figured I'd upgrade my desktop since I had a
couple extra "Free" upgrades.

Unfortunately, I have some serious deadlines on some big projects and can't
make any progress seaching all over for items I use to be able to find in a
fraction of a second. I'm going to go hunting around my desk & files for
the original software disks and serial codes from my original Excel
version(s). Once found, I'll just remove this new version and re-install
my original. Obviously, there are others like me that don't care for it,
enough so that add-ins (or extensions) are being created to circumvent the
new and "Improved" features

I hold a MOUS Expert Certificate in EVERY MSOffice Application (Earlier
Versions) and I sure wish Microsoft had provided a "Classic Look" option.

Thank you again very much....
Sincerely,
Kurt Boehringer

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> Hi kboehringer
>
> >I absolutely hate this new "RIBBON" in Excel '07. I am (or was) an
> > extremely proficient and speedy user of Excel. This RIBBON is horrible and I
> > don't have the time or interest in learning to navigate around this RIBBON.

> Why do you upgrade ?
> The ribbon is the result form all feedback MS received and it is not bad at all.
>
> > I understand from the help file there is no way to remove the ribbon or
> > display in a "Classic" format. Is there an easy way to "CONVERT BACK" to
> > my previous version of Excel?

> Only with a third party add-in
> But my advise is not to use a add-in like this.
>
> Maybe this page will help you to find the commands
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm
>

> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "kboehringer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I absolutely hate this new "RIBBON" in Excel '07. I am (or was) an
> > extremely proficient and speedy user of Excel. This RIBBON is horrible and I
> > don't have the time or interest in learning to navigate around this RIBBON.
> > I understand from the help file there is no way to remove the ribbon or
> > display in a "Classic" format. Is there an easy way to "CONVERT BACK" to
> > my previous version of Excel?

Sheeloo

      24th Aug 2008
As suggested try out ASAP Utilities to help complete your projects. With or
without it will save you hours of effort and is worth the price. Try it out.
(I do not get any incentive to plug it but I am a great fan anyway)

"kboehringer" wrote:

> Gentlemen,
>
> Thank you very much for the responses. I didn't realize the interface was
> SO different in the new version. I purchased Home & Student (3-License) for
> my daughter's new computer. I figured I'd upgrade my desktop since I had a
> couple extra "Free" upgrades.
>
> Unfortunately, I have some serious deadlines on some big projects and can't
> make any progress seaching all over for items I use to be able to find in a
> fraction of a second. I'm going to go hunting around my desk & files for
> the original software disks and serial codes from my original Excel
> version(s). Once found, I'll just remove this new version and re-install
> my original. Obviously, there are others like me that don't care for it,
> enough so that add-ins (or extensions) are being created to circumvent the
> new and "Improved" features
>
> I hold a MOUS Expert Certificate in EVERY MSOffice Application (Earlier
> Versions) and I sure wish Microsoft had provided a "Classic Look" option.
>
> Thank you again very much....
> Sincerely,
> Kurt Boehringer
>

> "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
>
> > Hi kboehringer
> >
> > >I absolutely hate this new "RIBBON" in Excel '07. I am (or was) an
> > > extremely proficient and speedy user of Excel. This RIBBON is horrible and I
> > > don't have the time or interest in learning to navigate around this RIBBON.

> > Why do you upgrade ?
> > The ribbon is the result form all feedback MS received and it is not bad at all.
> >
> > > I understand from the help file there is no way to remove the ribbon or
> > > display in a "Classic" format. Is there an easy way to "CONVERT BACK" to
> > > my previous version of Excel?

> > Only with a third party add-in
> > But my advise is not to use a add-in like this.
> >
> > Maybe this page will help you to find the commands
> > http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm
> >

> > --
> >
> > Regards Ron de Bruin
> > http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
> >

> > "kboehringer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >I absolutely hate this new "RIBBON" in Excel '07. I am (or was) an
> > > extremely proficient and speedy user of Excel. This RIBBON is horrible and I
> > > don't have the time or interest in learning to navigate around this RIBBON.
> > > I understand from the help file there is no way to remove the ribbon or
> > > display in a "Classic" format. Is there an easy way to "CONVERT BACK" to
> > > my previous version of Excel?

Ken Wright

      24th Aug 2008
The other option you have is to reinstall 2003 and then install 2007 again
but choose the custom install option and DO NOT upgrade. This gives you the
best of both worlds with the option to work with 2003 when you want, yet
delve into 2007 as you wish.

I have all versions of Excel from 97 onwards on my machine, but you must
install them in order.

Regards
Ken.......................

"kboehringer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I absolutely hate this new "RIBBON" in Excel '07. I am (or was) an
> extremely proficient and speedy user of Excel. This RIBBON is horrible
> and I
> don't have the time or interest in learning to navigate around this
> RIBBON.
> I understand from the help file there is no way to remove the ribbon or
> display in a "Classic" format. Is there an easy way to "CONVERT BACK"
> my previous version of Excel?

Ken Wright

      4th Sep 2008
Or someone that supports people with different versions of Excel, and as
such the only surefire way of replicating some problems, or indeed checking
that code runs correctly, is in fact to run it on the exact same version of
Excel as they are. Sounds like pure common sense to me.

Regards