Retrieving history after it has been cleared

=?Utf-8?B?SmlsbA==?=

      21st Oct 2004
Can anyone tell me how to retrieve internet access history after it has been
cleared via tools->internet options->clear history? The description states
it temporarily clears the history. I need to retrieve some history that was
accidentally removed. If it is a temporary removal, it seems I should be able
to retieve the cleared history records from "some' file...

Kevin

      21st Oct 2004
Once you make the choice to clear the history and click OK, it's all gone.
You could try looking in the History folder in the Windows directory, but I
doubt you will find anything if you have cleared the history via
IE>Tools>Internet Options>Clear History.

"Jill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone tell me how to retrieve internet access history after it has

been
> cleared via tools->internet options->clear history? The description

states
> it temporarily clears the history. I need to retrieve some history that

was
> accidentally removed. If it is a temporary removal, it seems I should be

able
> to retieve the cleared history records from "some' file...

Don Varnau

      22nd Oct 2004
Hi,
Don't expect too much- you won't be seeing the History as such. Index.dat
Suite (freeware) from http://www.it-mate.co.uk/support/idsuite.asp should
show you the sites in the index.dat file. Clearing History the usual way
doesn't clear the index.dat file.

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...