retrieve deleted messages?

pooch

      21st Feb 2004
Is there a way to restore or retrieve a permanently
deleted message from Outlook 2002 that uses a POP server?

I held the shift key and hit delete without realizing that
I shouldn't have done so!!

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

      21st Feb 2004
Natively? Not unless you had made a backup, unfortunately. I've heard of a
third party solution that purports to do this but I don't have it
handy....perhaps someone else will respond.

pooch wrote:
> Is there a way to restore or retrieve a permanently
> deleted message from Outlook 2002 that uses a POP server?
>
> I held the shift key and hit delete without realizing that
> I shouldn't have done so!!

Roady [MVP]

      21st Feb 2004
If you haven't restarted Outlook yet (for best results);
http://www.sparnaaij.net/howto/resto...outlookpst.htm

Lanwench, did you mean this tool?
http://www.uneraser.com/undelete.htm

--
Roady [MVP]
www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Create your own fully customized Toolbar
-Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003
Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your
mailbox!
www.sparnaaij.net

(I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the
address when mailing)
-----
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OrtwKWJ%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Natively? Not unless you had made a backup, unfortunately. I've heard of a
> third party solution that purports to do this but I don't have it
> handy....perhaps someone else will respond.
>
> pooch wrote:
> > Is there a way to restore or retrieve a permanently
> > deleted message from Outlook 2002 that uses a POP server?
> >
> > I held the shift key and hit delete without realizing that
> > I shouldn't have done so!!

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

      21st Feb 2004
Roady [MVP] wrote:
> If you haven't restarted Outlook yet (for best results);
> http://www.sparnaaij.net/howto/resto...outlookpst.htm
>
> Lanwench, did you mean this tool?
> http://www.uneraser.com/undelete.htm

Hmmmm - no, there was one specifically for Outlook PST files. Can't remember
the name.