Resume Maker

richk

      24th Jul 2006
I'm looking for a program that will help me create a resume...If theres
nybody in here that knows of one, can you post a link thanks

rich

JeffinMS

      24th Jul 2006

"richk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looking for a program that will help me create a resume...If theres
> nybody in here that knows of one, can you post a link thanks
>
> rich

I just asked that the other day with no luck when I remembered......my MS
Office has a built in Resume maker.

El Gee

      24th Jul 2006
"richk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm looking for a program that will help me create a resume...If
> theres nybody in here that knows of one, can you post a link thanks
>
> rich

Every program I have seen has not been very good. The best thing to do
if you have need help on a resume is to search for examples on the web.
Resume creators are horrible.

JMHO / YMMV

El Gee // www.mistergeek.com <><
Know Christ, Know Peace - No Christ, No Peace
Remove .yourhat to reply

Why Tea

      24th Jul 2006

> Every program I have seen has not been very good. The best thing to do
> if you have need help on a resume is to search for examples on the web.
> Resume creators are horrible.

I believe this is true. You really need to spend time on this yourself
with a word processor. I have been to a course that suggested the
C.A.R. principle; i.e Challenges, Actions and Results. What it means
is, for every Challenge, what were your Actions and what were the
Results? I found this simple principle to be quite useful when I wrote
my resume.

Craig

      24th Jul 2006
Why Tea wrote:
>>Every program I have seen has not been very good. The best thing to do
>>if you have need help on a resume is to search for examples on the web.
>>Resume creators are horrible.

> I believe this is true. You really need to spend time on this yourself
> with a word processor. I have been to a course that suggested the
> C.A.R. principle; i.e Challenges, Actions and Results. What it means
> is, for every Challenge, what were your Actions and what were the
> Results? I found this simple principle to be quite useful when I wrote
> my resume.

I can't speak to the specific tactic proposed by why tea (CAR) but, I
will throw my weight behind his and El Gee's opinion: Look for a broad
variety of actual (or sample) resumes. Read up on how to write resumes
& their more popular formats. Read up on how they're "processed" now.

Apologies for no silver bullet (& y.a. opinion) but...

fwiw,
-Craig

lajos.toldy@gmail.com

      24th Jul 2006

richk wrote:
> I'm looking for a program that will help me create a resume...If theres

ner House Softw> nybody in here that knows of one, can you post a link
thanks

> rich

Resume Creator v1.001 - 931 KB
Create a professional looking resume in minutes by completing the built
in questionnaire and selecting the theme of your choice. Output is in
RTF format so you can add your own finishing touches.
Requires no other software.
Available in English and French.
The data can be saved in raw format and can be update at any time.
Press "Publish" to get a polished, professional looking resume in the
form of a "Rich Text Format" document that can be opened in almost any
word processor including Word and WordPad.
Resume Creator has forms for each section of the resume:
- General: Contact information and objective
- Education
- Employment
- Skills
- Professional Development