Restrictions on Modifying IE Settings

BillS

      13th May 2004
When I try to use the IE v6 Tools menu to modify settings,
I get an error message: "The operation has been cancelled
due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Contact
your sYStem administrator." I am the administrator and
have not changed any settings. Does anyone know what I
need to change to allow me to perform this operation?

mac

      13th May 2004

"BillS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ca2701c438ff$19d916d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I try to use the IE v6 Tools menu to modify settings,
> I get an error message: "The operation has been cancelled
> due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Contact
> your sYStem administrator." I am the administrator and
> have not changed any settings. Does anyone know what I
> need to change to allow me to perform this operation?

You have Spybot Search & Destroy installed?
Then go to Start>programs>SS&D>advanced mode>immunize>now remove the
appropriate checkmark at the bottom of that page.