restricting access to some programs XP Pro

jim

      16th Sep 2003
Hi: I want to install Oracle 9i Personal Edition on Win
XP Pro. I am told that there are a lot of services that
will run in the background, even when the app is not
open. I want to set up a special account so that only
this special user has access to this app. I can figure
out how to add new users, but I am not sure how to
install the software so that ONLY this new user has
access to this application. I understand that by default
all applications are available to everyone. How do I
change this, and will this accomplish what I want - that
the services used by Oracle 9i will not load unless this
special user logs in??? Any other suggestions on how to
keep my system resources from being depleted?? Thanks,
Jim (I have a Dell Dimension 8200 2Gig with 512MB Ram)

Nicholas

      16th Sep 2003
HOW TO: Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP

HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions in Windows XP

Description of File Sharing and Permissions in Windows XP

XP: Limit User Permissions
http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/ho...369566,00.html

--
Nicholas

"jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message:
news:0e5401c37c52$74453140$(E-Mail Removed)...

| Hi: I want to install Oracle 9i Personal Edition on Win
| XP Pro. I am told that there are a lot of services that
| will run in the background, even when the app is not
| open. I want to set up a special account so that only
| this special user has access to this app. I can figure
| out how to add new users, but I am not sure how to
| install the software so that ONLY this new user has
| access to this application. I understand that by default
| all applications are available to everyone. How do I
| change this, and will this accomplish what I want - that
| the services used by Oracle 9i will not load unless this
| special user logs in??? Any other suggestions on how to
| keep my system resources from being depleted?? Thanks,
| Jim (I have a Dell Dimension 8200 2Gig with 512MB Ram)

Jim

      16th Sep 2003

Thanks for the quick response. I will give this a try.
Jim.

us;279783

>HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder

Permissions in Windows XP

us;308418

>Description of File Sharing and Permissions in Windows XP

us;304040

>XP: Limit User Permissions
>http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/ho...p/0,24331,3369

566,00.html