Restore default registry permissions

=?Utf-8?B?SWFu?=

      20th Jul 2007
As is well-documented elsewhere, I'm finding that the install of Acrobat
(Reader) 8.1 messes-up the registry permissions.

In particular it creates keys in the root classes which have inheritance
blocked, and which as a result cannot be modified/deleted even by an
Administrator. It may do other damage; in fact it's hard to tell for sure
what the extent of the damage is. Because of this I'm reluctant to go for the
quick-and-dirty fix of forcing a reset of permissions on the HKCR tree. I
want to be sure the damage is fully repaired and won't give rise to other
side-effects later.

Question: Is there a MS tool or procedure to restore the
registry-permissions back to their standard values, so we can be sure that
all damage has been corrected?

Ramesh, MS-MVP

      22nd Jul 2007
How to reset security settings back to the defaults:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

--
Regards,