Restore computer to original condition

=?Utf-8?B?U2FtYW50aGE=?=

      10th Jan 2005
I would like to start over. How do i restore my computer to its original
condition. Like the day i bought it. I don't have anything i want to save
on it.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

      10th Jan 2005
Hi Samantha,

If you have a PC from HP/Compaq/Dell or any other branded unit, you can use the Restore CD to reset your system configuration to factory defaults.

OTOH, if you have a retail Windows XP CD-ROM, follow the clean installation routine here:

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Samantha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news(E-Mail Removed)...
I would like to start over. How do i restore my computer to its original
condition. Like the day i bought it. I don't have anything i want to save
on it.

=?Utf-8?B?VGVyZXNh?=

      16th Jan 2005
Hi, what happens if you werent given a restore cd with your computer......I
have restored my HP to factory once before but i dont remember how i did it
lol. There is someway in an HP to be able to do it without a cd. Someone
please help.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi Samantha,
>
> If you have a PC from HP/Compaq/Dell or any other branded unit, you can use the Restore CD to reset your system configuration to factory defaults.
>
> OTOH, if you have a retail Windows XP CD-ROM, follow the clean installation routine here:
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Samantha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I would like to start over. How do i restore my computer to its original
> condition. Like the day i bought it. I don't have anything i want to save
> on it.

Ricky

      17th Jan 2005
When you restart your PC hit F10 at the first HP screen.

"Teresa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, what happens if you werent given a restore cd with your
> computer......I
> have restored my HP to factory once before but i dont remember how i did
> it
> lol. There is someway in an HP to be able to do it without a cd.
> Someone
> please help.
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Hi Samantha,
>>
>> If you have a PC from HP/Compaq/Dell or any other branded unit, you can
>> use the Restore CD to reset your system configuration to factory
>> defaults.
>>
>> OTOH, if you have a retail Windows XP CD-ROM, follow the clean
>> installation routine here:
>> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Samantha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I would like to start over. How do i restore my computer to its original
>> condition. Like the day i bought it. I don't have anything i want to
>> save
>> on it.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

      17th Jan 2005
Teresa,

>> what happens if you werent given a restore cd with your computer..

In some HP models, the users need to create the Restore CD set themselves. It's best advisable to contact HP to learn more about their recovery process, which varies from model to model, and brand to brand.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User