Resolution Notice

Ken

      30th Jun 2003
Windows XP Home with Integrated 82845 Intel Extreme
Graphics. Although my LCD monitor display is set to
1024 X 768 resolution, I constantly get a pop-up message
titled "Resolution Notice: For best picture quality,
change resolution to 1024 X 768 1:Exit 2isable"
This message stays up on the screen for approx 5 seconds
and then re-appears 1 minute later (continuous cycle). I
am running Asteriods game and have tried different
compatibility, color and resolution modes for "Run As"
options. The Exit and Disable options/entry apparently
have no effect. Has anyone else seen this and been able
to disable this. Thanks in advance

Lorne Smith

      1st Jul 2003
"Ken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0a2e01c33f40$f476a960$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows XP Home with Integrated 82845 Intel Extreme
> Graphics. Although my LCD monitor display is set to
> 1024 X 768 resolution, I constantly get a pop-up message
> titled "Resolution Notice: For best picture quality,
> change resolution to 1024 X 768 1:Exit 2isable"
> This message stays up on the screen for approx 5 seconds
> and then re-appears 1 minute later (continuous cycle). I
> am running Asteriods game and have tried different
> compatibility, color and resolution modes for "Run As"
> options. The Exit and Disable options/entry apparently
> have no effect. Has anyone else seen this and been able
> to disable this. Thanks in advance

Certainly doesn't sound like anything from XP... Does it only happen when
running Asteroids? If so, it's the game doing it so you'll have to contact
the game publisher....

Lorne

New Member

      6th Jun 2005
Hi Ken:
Gotl the same 'resolution notice' you did. Solved it by reading the users manual for the Monitor. In it, there was an option to disable the resolution notice. It is done by using the buttons on the monitor not the keyboard. Follow the directions on the monitor screen and you can disable the message.

New Member

      2nd Jul 2006
After struggling for months trying to get rid of the irritating popup resolution notice, I finally discovered how to do it. It has nothing to do with Windows or your computer. The resolution notice is coming from your MONITOR.

I have a NEC LCD 1765 monitor and I read the online manual at www.nec.com which mentions how turn the "resolution notice" on and off. I did it by pressing button #5 on my monitor but the menu selections are not clickable with a mouse. You have to scroll up and down the menu list with Montior Button #4 and then select with Monitor Button #5. I went to the "advanced menu" in this manner and found the menu item for "resolution notice" and selected "OFF".

I am finally rid of that very irritating popup screen that was driving me crazy.
Thank God !!! Please spread this information far and wide because I know many others are suffering from this same problem. Good luck...

Rodger

New Member

      31st Oct 2006
I have a ViewSonic 23" LCD Monitor and found out how to get rid of the "resolution notice" which is always popping up at the wrong time:

To disable, use the buttons on the front of the montior to do the following:
* Press #1
* Use down arrow to highlight Setup Menu and press #2.
* Use down arrow to highlight Resolution notice and press #2
* Select Disable and exit!!

New Member

      7th Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtennis2
Hi Ken:
Gotl the same 'resolution notice' you did. Solved it by reading the users manual for the Monitor. In it, there was an option to disable the resolution notice. It is done by using the buttons on the monitor not the keyboard. Follow the directions on the monitor screen and you can disable the message.

Thank you for this advice, I've been trying all afternoon to get rid of this nuisance notice, logged onto this site and hey presto! the answer was there, so simple too. Once again Thank you, Chris.

New Member

      23rd Mar 2007
How did you get rid of the resolution notice?

New Member

      23rd Mar 2007
HI Dave, I used the controls on the monitor as someone else suggested, went to set up menu, this gave me other options, one of them being resolution notice, clicked on that and had the option to enable or disable. If you haven't got it sorted by now I hope this helps,. Good luck, Chris