Resizing trendline title in legend

rudolf.hever@gmail.com

      17th May 2007

G'day,

Im having trouble resizing the legend from 3 lines to 1. I have used a
scatter chart and then Add Trendline>Moving average. The legend that
is auto-generated is

"10 per. Mov. Avg. (PROJECTED
INITIAL
YELD"

The title is broken up into 3 lines as above, and no matter how much I
resize or how much big I make the legend area or how small the font,
it INSISTS on using 3 lines.

Because the title is auto-generated (10 per. Mov. Avg.....) there is
nowhere where I can actually edit the title eg make it shorter, or
remove the alt-enter line breaks (if thats what it is). The legend
title does not appear in chart option>legend label or axis-labels. It
doesnt appear anywhere except on the graph in the legend.

And the whole title should definitely fit on one line because there is
plenty of space and Ive seen it on another graph but cant replicate
it.

Your help is much appreciated,

Jon Peltier

      17th May 2007
Double click on the trendline, and on the Options tab, enter a Custom name
in the input box provided.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> G'day,
>
> Im having trouble resizing the legend from 3 lines to 1. I have used a
> scatter chart and then Add Trendline>Moving average. The legend that
> is auto-generated is
>
> "10 per. Mov. Avg. (PROJECTED
> INITIAL
> YELD"
>

> The title is broken up into 3 lines as above, and no matter how much I
> resize or how much big I make the legend area or how small the font,
> it INSISTS on using 3 lines.
>
> Because the title is auto-generated (10 per. Mov. Avg.....) there is
> nowhere where I can actually edit the title eg make it shorter, or
> remove the alt-enter line breaks (if thats what it is). The legend
> title does not appear in chart option>legend label or axis-labels. It
> doesnt appear anywhere except on the graph in the legend.
>
> And the whole title should definitely fit on one line because there is
> plenty of space and Ive seen it on another graph but cant replicate
> it.
>

> Your help is much appreciated,

rudolf.hever@gmail.com

      18th May 2007

Worked like a charm, thank you very much Jon!