how to reset The waste ink absorber is almost full message on pixma IP3000? TIA

david

      25th Sep 2007

Michael Grey

      25th Sep 2007
IP3000
1: Power off printer
2: Hold Resume button then press and hold POWER, the beeper will sound once.
3: Hold POWER and release RESUME
4: Press RESUME twice
5: When the indicator lights steady, press RESUME three(3) times. The
indicator should be orange.
6: Press Power to set data.

<david> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

david

      26th Sep 2007
thanks, should i also clean out the absorber? where is it located? i
see there is a sponge on left side of the printer and on the right
side there are two pads that printhead docks when it's not printing

david
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:02:41 -0400, "Michael Grey" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>IP3000
>1: Power off printer
>2: Hold Resume button then press and hold POWER, the beeper will sound once.
>3: Hold POWER and release RESUME
>4: Press RESUME twice
>5: When the indicator lights steady, press RESUME three(3) times. The
>indicator should be orange.
>6: Press Power to set data.
>
><david> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Burt

      26th Sep 2007
<david> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> thanks, should i also clean out the absorber? where is it located? i
> see there is a sponge on left side of the printer and on the right
> side there are two pads that printhead docks when it's not printing
>
> david
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:02:41 -0400, "Michael Grey" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>IP3000
>>1: Power off printer
>>2: Hold Resume button then press and hold POWER, the beeper will sound
>>once.
>>3: Hold POWER and release RESUME
>>4: Press RESUME twice
>>5: When the indicator lights steady, press RESUME three(3) times. The
>>indicator should be orange.
>>6: Press Power to set data.
>>
>><david> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

I have read that you can do at least one reset without cleaning the waste
ink pad. That pad is at the bottom of the printer case. If you are
mechanically adept at taking things apart and putting them back together you
can get to it. These pads can be washed out, but I understand that it is a
real mess. You may be able to find a source for new ones. Tony, a
participant on this NG and a person who repairs printers, mentioned that you
can use carpet padding (not the foam kind) that looks similar. It is simply
an absorbent pad that is cut to shape for the area in which it sits.

david

      27th Sep 2007
thanks. i loved my ip300 since it prints both side and prints pretty
fast. plus there are tons of cheap compatible cartridges out there.
the newer models have chip on the cartridge therefore i don't plan to
buy new models

david