rescue.asd files

=?Utf-8?B?QXVicmV5?=

      9th Mar 2007
Hi! My computer, operating system, Windows Vista, experienced an error and
saved a word file as rescue.asd. I can not get the file to open. The error
message states that Word does not recognize the file type. Any suggestions
as to what I can do to recover the file...or what type of program will open
an *.asd file. Any info is greatly appreciated....please "dumb down"
Thanks so much
(E-Mail Removed)

Graham Mayor

      10th Mar 2007
The crash rescue system is not infallible. If the document is recoverable
from the crash, then the next time Word is opened it will automatically
recover it. If the recovery file is incomplete or corrupt, it won't.
--
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org