How to rescan Experience Index

Marjay

      9th Aug 2007
I changed a system setting and wanted Vista to recheck my Experience
Index... how do I do that??

dean-dean

      9th Aug 2007
Go to Control Panel (Classic View) > Performance Information and Tools, and
click on "Update My Score". (It's on the right-hand side of the page,
beneath the big blue "Base Score" #.# picture).

"Marjay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I changed a system setting and wanted Vista to recheck my Experience
> Index... how do I do that??

Marjay

      10th Aug 2007
Thats the whole problem... at the top of that page it says :
Rate and improve your computer's performance

then: Not sure where to start? Learn how you...

then: Last rating (date and time)

It looks like I should be able to click on "Learn how..." but I can't
and there is no "Update My Score" nor any big blue "Base Score"
picture

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:43:21 -0500, "dean-dean"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Go to Control Panel (Classic View) > Performance Information and Tools, and
>click on "Update My Score". (It's on the right-hand side of the page,
>beneath the big blue "Base Score" #.# picture).
>
>"Marjay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I changed a system setting and wanted Vista to recheck my Experience
>> Index... how do I do that??

dean-dean

      10th Aug 2007
If Control Panel>Performance Information and Tools is
broken, try this. In the registry editor, navigate to the following two
keys (both keys may not be present, but you probably have one or the other):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Control
Panel \ Performance Control Panel

In the right-hand pane, delete the value named PerfcplEnabled (if found).

-And/Or-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Control
Panel \ Performance Control Panel

In the right-hand pane, delete the value named PerfcplEnabled (if found).

These values may have been entered by a tweaking program, or by a group
policy setting.

"Marjay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thats the whole problem... at the top of that page it says :
> Rate and improve your computer's performance
>
> then: Not sure where to start? Learn how you...
>
> then: Last rating (date and time)
>
> It looks like I should be able to click on "Learn how..." but I can't
> and there is no "Update My Score" nor any big blue "Base Score"
> picture
>

> On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:43:21 -0500, "dean-dean"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Go to Control Panel (Classic View) > Performance Information and Tools,
>>and
>>click on "Update My Score". (It's on the right-hand side of the page,
>>beneath the big blue "Base Score" #.# picture).
>>
>>"Marjay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I changed a system setting and wanted Vista to recheck my Experience
>>> Index... how do I do that??

Marjay

      10th Aug 2007
Interesting... I changed the value under HKLM to 1 from 0 and all is
well with the world again... the other value was not there.

I had install;ed TweakUI, that may have done it but I wonder why?

Anyway, thanks so much

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:37:00 -0500, "dean-dean"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>If Control Panel>Performance Information and Tools is
>broken, try this. In the registry editor, navigate to the following two
>keys (both keys may not be present, but you probably have one or the other):
>
>HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Control
>Panel \ Performance Control Panel
>
>In the right-hand pane, delete the value named PerfcplEnabled (if found).
>
>-And/Or-
>
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Control
>Panel \ Performance Control Panel
>
>In the right-hand pane, delete the value named PerfcplEnabled (if found).
>
>These values may have been entered by a tweaking program, or by a group
>policy setting.
>
>"Marjay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thats the whole problem... at the top of that page it says :
>> Rate and improve your computer's performance
>>
>> then: Not sure where to start? Learn how you...
>>
>> then: Last rating (date and time)
>>
>> It looks like I should be able to click on "Learn how..." but I can't
>> and there is no "Update My Score" nor any big blue "Base Score"
>> picture
>>

>> On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:43:21 -0500, "dean-dean"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Go to Control Panel (Classic View) > Performance Information and Tools,
>>>and
>>>click on "Update My Score". (It's on the right-hand side of the page,
>>>beneath the big blue "Base Score" #.# picture).
>>>
>>>"Marjay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

dean-dean

      10th Aug 2007
PerfcplEnabled is normally not a value present in either of those two keys.
But changing the value's data as you did should work, too. I'm glad to know
things are working.