Repost -- opening a report in dialog mode

jfp

      25th Sep 2003
From a button on a form i want to:
open a report in preview mode and allow the user to browse through it;
wait until the user closes the report before the code continues
So -- I open it in Dialog mode:

DoCmd.OpenReport strReport, acViewPreview, , , acDialog, strParent

THis works -- but i am unable to increase the size of the preview window
(i can magnify the print by clicking on the report, but i can only have
a small window that shows a full page in a font too small to read or a
half page when the font is magnified). If i change the acDialog above
to acwindowNormal, then i can resize the preview window but i do not get
the desired wait until done.

Wayne Morgan

      25th Sep 2003
Rather than using the acDialog argument, you could set the Report's Modal property to Yes.
You could also stay with the acDialog argument and in the Form's Open event try

DoCmd.Maximize

One thing I noticed, if you maximize the report in the Open procedure then restore it, the
modal property appears to be forgotten. This isn't a problem with using acDialog since
Restore isn't an option.

--
Wayne Morgan
Microsoft Access MVP