Replacing a Soundcard

BRH

      19th Jul 2003
I want to replace my existing SoundBlaster Live soundcard with a Turtle
Beach Santa Cruz card. I want to be sure that all remnants of the
existing card are gone from my system before installing the new card.

What's the best procedure to follow to accomplish this?

Thanks!

jdub

      19th Jul 2003
GO into add remove programs and remove anything there that
is related to your current sound card then go to start
then programs and make sure programs relating to you sound
card are removed if not use the uninstall feature for that
piticular program. Then go into to device manager and
remove all devices in the sound game controller that are
your current sound card

Live For The One Die For The One

      19th Jul 2003

HMMM the best is to format your disc and reinstall from scratch.

But you could unistall the drives of the Live reboot and then shutdown
and instal the new card restart and it shoudl auto dectect install
drives if XP has them if not install the drives manualy AND then you
will have a new sound card working i hope.

bye.

Though the format option is the best bet to be realy realy sure, good
to do every six months or so, but with XP i have had very rare reasons
to reinstall.

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 09:22:08 -0400, BRH <"bertrh<no-spam>"@attbi.com>
wrote:

>I want to replace my existing SoundBlaster Live soundcard with a Turtle
>Beach Santa Cruz card. I want to be sure that all remnants of the
>existing card are gone from my system before installing the new card.
>
>What's the best procedure to follow to accomplish this?
>
>Thanks!

Malke

      20th Jul 2003
Live For The One Die For The One wrote:

> HMMM the best is to format your disc and reinstall from scratch.
>
> But you could unistall the drives of the Live reboot and then shutdown
> and instal the new card restart and it shoudl auto dectect install
> drives if XP has them if not install the drives manualy AND then you
> will have a new sound card working i hope.
>
> Though the format option is the best bet to be realy realy sure, good
> to do every six months or so, but with XP i have had very rare reasons
> to reinstall.
>

> On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 09:22:08 -0400, BRH <"bertrh<no-spam>"@attbi.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I want to replace my existing SoundBlaster Live soundcard with a
>>Turtle >>Beach Santa Cruz card. (snip)
>>What's the best procedure to follow to accomplish this?

*THIS IS TERRIBLE ADVICE* from Live..etc.! I don't normally commit the
"typing in capitals" sin, but I really wanted to get your attention.
Just go to Add/Remove Programs and remove the drivers and programs
connected with your SBLive card. Then shut down the machine and
physically remove the card. At that point, I like to restart the
machine without the new card just to go back in and be sure that there
are no entries left in Add/Remove Programs and in Device Manager. Then
install your new Santa Cruz card in the machine, following the
instructions that came with the card. Generally, you would just shut
down, physically put the card in the computer, restart, and then
install the drivers and any other related software, but you should
always read the manual first.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

BRH

      20th Jul 2003
Thx for the reply, Malke. Don't worry -- I knew that the previous reply was
more than just a bit over the top.