Repeating drop-down fields on all pages of a letter

=?Utf-8?B?YW5nZWxhb2FrMjQ=?=

      11th Nov 2005
We are stting up templates that must display a security classification on all
pages of a letter or document using drop-down fields. Is there a way of
replicating the choosen classification across all pages of a letter or
document? We are using Word 2003.

Jay Freedman

      11th Nov 2005
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:41:03 -0800, "angelaoak24"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>We are stting up templates that must display a security classification on all
>pages of a letter or document using drop-down fields. Is there a way of
>replicating the choosen classification across all pages of a letter or
>document? We are using Word 2003.

Use a REF field as described in the "On-Line Form" part of
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm. Use a dropdown form
field instead of the text form field shown there; otherwise,
everything is the same.

The dropdown must go in the body of the text, probably on the first
page. The REF field, to make it repeat on every remaining page, should
be in the header or footer. If you don't need it repeated in the
header/footer on the first page (in addition to the dropdown in the
body), go to File > Page Setup > Layout and check "Different first
page".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman