Rename Database

Michael

      13th May 2010
After installing BCM, can I rename the database? I realize that I should have
given it a proper name at the time of install, but I accepted the default
name.

Do I have to create a new db and then import my information into the the new
db? (It would be a lot easier if I could just rename it.)

Michael

      13th May 2010
I found a way to rename the database, but I am wondering if there isn't a
better way. Here's what I did...

I backed up the database. I then closed Outlook and navigated to my database
files in the Business Contact Management folder and moved the mdf and ldf
files (I didn't want to delete them at this point. I then reopened the
Outlook and Business Contact Manager and created a new database with a new
name. I restored my backup and everything works fine.

Is there a better way?