      27th Jan 2005
so I have a list of 75 spyware programs now what?
I need to buy somethng to remove these programs/

Bill Sanderson

      27th Jan 2005
Explain please?
Microsoft Antispyware should offer you a choice of removing, ignoring, or
quarntining most threats--do you not see such a choice after a scan
completes?
--
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.txt

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:127701c5040b$49d42b40$(E-Mail Removed)...
> so I have a list of 75 spyware programs now what?
> I need to buy somethng to remove these programs/

      28th Jan 2005
no I haven't seen the choice to remove ignore or quarntine
the threats. it takes about 3 hours for the scan to run.
i have twice started the scan later in the evening and in
the morning it says it scanned but thats it. Am i missing
something?

Pat Cook

      28th Jan 2005
Try AdAware SE Personal (free) and compare the scan
results. Don't rely on just 1 anti-spyware program, but
use at least two and compare results before deciding what
to do about the results. Also, have you defragged the
drive recently? Also, get RegVac (free for 30 days at
superwin.com) to clean out & tune-up the registry.

Bill Sanderson

      28th Jan 2005
I'm not sure what is happening--you've clearly got a significant problem
with the kinds of things this program is supposed to help out with.

Can I ask that you 1) go to Tool, check for updates to get the latest
definitions, and 2) restart your machine in safe mode, and do a full scan,
not the quickscan. Do multiple scans, until one comes through clean. I can
see that this will be a challenge in terms of time, but perhaps you can do a
first scan in the evening, and then another to run overnight or something.

The default action for a scheduled scan is to quarantine, I believe, but an
attended scan should leave you at a screen which gives you choices. And the
product ought to be able to remove everything it detects.

You may want to be prepared for one possible issue that can result from
cleaning a machine, as described in this KB article, which you can print in
case of need after a cleaning run:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350

--
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.txt

news:09e501c5055d$4e8eb580$(E-Mail Removed)...