Removing Lookup Field from Table

Grant

      11th May 2004
Running Access XP
How does one remove a lookup field from a table.
I have gone into the relationships area and there are no relationships
visible.
Go into table design and try to remove the lookup field and get message have
to delete relationship before continuing.
Tried clicking the Lookup Tab in Table Design and changing from combo box to
Text then change field property to text but get same message as above.

Thanks in advance.

Grant

Eric Butts [MSFT]

      11th May 2004
Hi Grant,

Have you checked the tables relationship within the Relationship window
(Tools > Relationship). I would suspect that the field you are trying to
change is used within the Relationship window. Thereby, delete whatever
relationship this table has and then close and save your changes. Then try
to make whatever change you need to make to the field.

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

--------------------
| From: "Grant" <(E-Mail Removed)>
| Subject: Removing Lookup Field from Table
| Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 04:56:20 +1000
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.tablesdbdesign
|
| Running Access XP
| How does one remove a lookup field from a table.
| I have gone into the relationships area and there are no relationships
| visible.
| Go into table design and try to remove the lookup field and get message
have
| to delete relationship before continuing.
| Tried clicking the Lookup Tab in Table Design and changing from combo box
| Text then change field property to text but get same message as above.
|
| Thanks in advance.
|
| Grant

=?Utf-8?B?Q29ycmluYSBCdXJubGV5?=

      11th May 2004
Also, make sure to scroll up and down, and right and left in the Relationships window to make sure there isn't anything your not seeing. The window is particularly large and sometimes there is a relationship out of your view that you don't realize is there

Corrina Burnle
Burnley Data Solution
www.burnleydatasolutions.com

Grant

      12th May 2004
Confirmed - nothing in relationship window
In the Relationship screen under File there is a Print Relationship option
and there is nothing to print.

Regards
Grant

"Eric Butts [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Grant,
>
> Have you checked the tables relationship within the Relationship window
> (Tools > Relationship). I would suspect that the field you are trying to
> change is used within the Relationship window. Thereby, delete whatever
> relationship this table has and then close and save your changes. Then

try
> to make whatever change you need to make to the field.
>
> I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
> respond back to this posting.
>

> Regards,
>
> Eric Butts
> Microsoft Access Support
> (E-Mail Removed)
> "Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
> Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
> you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
> Security Bulletin MS03-026
> <http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
> to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to

install
> the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will

help
> to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

> --------------------
> | From: "Grant" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> | Subject: Removing Lookup Field from Table
> | Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 04:56:20 +1000
> | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.tablesdbdesign

cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEED01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP10
> phx.gbl
> |
> | Running Access XP
> | How does one remove a lookup field from a table.
> | I have gone into the relationships area and there are no relationships
> | visible.
> | Go into table design and try to remove the lookup field and get message
> have
> | to delete relationship before continuing.
> | Tried clicking the Lookup Tab in Table Design and changing from combo

box
> | Text then change field property to text but get same message as above.
> |
> | Thanks in advance.
> |
> | Grant

John Vinson

      12th May 2004
On Wed, 12 May 2004 04:56:20 +1000, "Grant"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Running Access XP
>How does one remove a lookup field from a table.
>I have gone into the relationships area and there are no relationships
>visible.

The blankety-blank Lookup Wizard often conceals the relationships it
creates. Two suggestions:

- Open the relationships window, select the table, and choose View
Direct.

- Or, run this small tactical nuclear device, probably with additional
code to limit its damage, and certainly on a COPY of your database;

Sub KillAllRelations()
Dim db As DAO.Database
Dim rel As Relation
Dim inti As Integer
Set db = DBEngine(0)(0)
For inti = db.Relations.Count - 1 To 0 Step -1
Set rel = db.Relations(inti)
Debug.Print "Deleting relation "; rel.Name, rel.Table,
rel.ForeignTable
db.Relations.Delete rel.Name
End Sub

John W. Vinson[MVP]
Come for live chats every Tuesday and Thursday
http://go.compuserve.com/msdevapps?loc=us&access=public

Jeff Conrad

      12th May 2004
>The blankety-blank Lookup Wizard often conceals the
>relationships it creates.

<chuckle>

Humm...afraid of the FCC decency crackdown John?
<g>

--
Jeff Conrad
Access Junkie