Remove Printer Not Allowed.

=?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=

      21st Jun 2005
I recently removed an old printer from our network and deleted it off the
print server. I went around to all the workstations that had that printer
installed and deleted them with no problem.

Untill I got to my own laptop which is running XP SP 2. When I go to delete
the printer it gives me this error.

"Printer connection cannot be removed. Either the printer name was typed
incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the server.
For more information, click help."

When I click help it gives me help on trying to connect to the printer to
print. I just want to remove it from my list.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Dan

CWatters

      21st Jun 2005

> I recently removed an old printer from our network and deleted it off the
> print server. I went around to all the workstations that had that printer
> installed and deleted them with no problem.
>
> Untill I got to my own laptop which is running XP SP 2. When I go to

delete
> the printer it gives me this error.
>
> "Printer connection cannot be removed. Either the printer name was typed
> incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the

server.
> For more information, click help."

Try disconnecting from the network (pull the network cable) then try
deleting it....
http://forums.windrivers.com/archive...p/t-68709.html

or perhaps Stop Print Spooler service if that doesn't work.

=?Utf-8?B?RGFu?=

      21st Jun 2005
Thanks,

What I end up doing was deleting entries in the registry for that printer.
Seems to have worked.